Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot my self in my foot

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Shot my self in my foot

Pappy214 wrote:
I take it they won't give out decent CLI's which is why Concord should cancel?

There appear to be two tiers on the card. If you get it with a decent initial CL, you can get CLI's. If it comes with a small initial CL, you're pretty well stuck.

This is what I think I've read recently, but I must confess it's all starting to blur.

When the Barclay's rep told me my card was not eligible for customer-initiated CLI's, that took care of it for me. I figured I could free up that $500 for other customers! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats good to know hauling... is it that same way for all cards? If for example one gets approved for a Citi with only a $300 limit is that stagnant too, or does it vary by the "primeness" of the bank?

Message 12 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My guess is that it varies by the bank. Cap One is also famous for having both go-nowhere cards and cards that will grow.

I'd say that if anything, it varies according to what the Scary Voices tell lenders at any given moment.

btw, this is another good argument for sticking with 3 cards during the rebuilding phase, frustrating as it might be. Nothing worse than having a dozen of these turkeys clinging to your ankles. It makes me think of the Randy Quaid in-laws in National Lampoon' Christmas Vacation.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

(edited)

Booo, that was one of the best scenes in the movie!  How about, "It's the gift that keeps on giving Clark."

Whoops, I'd forgotten that particular quote. If you have one a bit more genteel, feel free to edit it back in here.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-02-2009 01:43 PM
Message Edited by Pappy214 on 02-02-2009 01:45 PM
Message 14 of 17
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I take it they won't give out decent CLI's which is why Concord should cancel?
because concord has too many cards LOL! We still love ya concord! :-)

Message 15 of 17
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Hmmm Best Buy.  DH opened up his card FOUR YEARS ago with $3100.  PIF, paid on time, never late, always pay more than min.  It doesn't MATTER.  NOT ONE CLI IN FOUR YEARS AUTO OR OTHERWISE!!!!!!!

Message 16 of 17
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Here's are some ideas for what the op could do to help stop the impulse to apply online again.

You could look for a way to set up a blacklist for your web browser to disallow visits to that online application.

Or you could use filtering software.

Another way is to change your Windows "hosts" file. On Windows xp, it's located at C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\

Once you add a website to the hosts file, it's (as far as I know) impossible to visit that website from that computer (unless you tried to visit that site by using that site's IP address)

You can use Notepad to edit the file. Say you don't have a capital one card and you feel a temptation to visit that site and apply.

You could edit your HOSTS file to add something like

127.0.0.1 capitalone.com
127.0.0.1 www.capitalone.com

If you haven't heard before of editing your hosts file, do a quick google search on the topic first before trying this.
Message Edited by MojaveMoon on 02-02-2009 08:32 PM
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.