Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shot my self in my foot

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Shot my self in my foot

I feel like I shot my self in my foot. I could not keep fingers off the app's and I applied for BestBuy Card. I received letter stating they could not verify my identity due to the online app. I should have sent the letter to shredder. Instead I called them, After asking couple of questions CSR says congractulations you are approved for BBRZMC with $300 CL + AF and card will arrive in 7-10 days. I am more like why did I do this to my self. New account and sleezy $300 CL and on top of it AF. I have no idea what I drank last night or what kind of hangover I have to do this to my self. All the hardwork for the last 18 months goes the drain. It is time for me to check my self into ConcordCenter and rehabiliate my self. What a stupid I am to fall for this. I guess some people never learn. Especially me.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: Shot my self in my foot

Hey, aren't you being just a little bit hard on yourself?  I also pledged "no apps in 2009" but I've broken that.  I got a Capital One card with a $500 CL and an annual fee, also.

Moderator Emerita

Ouch, sorry. I had buyer's remorse on my Barclay's Barnes and Noble and closed it after six months. Never should have app'd it. Oh, well, live and learn.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

How many cards does that make it?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 17
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Hey Concord,

Live and learn but don't beat yourself up in the process.

Only you can make the decision as to when is enough and at least there is support and advice to lean on here.

You seem to be ready for a 'cooloing' period and as a regular visitor to this site as well as the others you are on I hope you do for a while.

Good luck if you decide to stop , app'ing has addictive qualities to it and that is a subject I'm well versed on. 

There is more at stake here than the 300 CL.

Just my two cents, good luck again.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB-MC is one of the ones i fired without a replacement in hand.

Limit stunk ($650), CS stunk, pitiful CLIs - and paying to be treated badly didn't sit right.

When you are craving an app think about what you HAVE (works for me, but then I still get a letdown when I check the mail and there isn't a new card).  I ask myself: why the ___ do I need another card --- if maxed the ones I have now I would have to declare bankruptcy!   If I REALLY NEED a 'new card'  I'll change the design on one I already have.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-01-2009 11:00 PM
Message 6 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

wow, your in high 680's are you not? and 300 cl, I'm so not applying again!
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to hold of until September to app, that way each credit report will have only 1 INQ on it and my AAoA will be well over a year!  I am hoping that will give me a better chance at some nice cards. Of course in Spetmeber I will probably go on an App Spree which will destroy all of the progress I have made to date. Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 17
oracles
Valued Contributor

Hey Concord,

Its done, you did it, and definitely move on. Learn from this and just don't do it again for awhile.

Also I would recommend that you cancel the card or call to have the AF waived. If not, then cancel it. You have a lot of cards already and you don't need to pay an AF for this card.

You took the hit for the inq and new TL, but that will go away.

Have your eyes set on something you want with a timeline and that will hopefully prevent you from applying again for awhile.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it they won't give out decent CLI's which is why Concord should cancel?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.