cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should DM be worried about her Costco TE Amex?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Should DM be worried about her Costco TE Amex?

So prior to a few months ago, DM's TE Amex was her only CC, used it for everything. I've been reading on how conservative Citi is and my concern is her TE card is her oldest CC (opened in 2007), kept in good standing, no late payments ever, stayed with her in the bad times (her CRs are still a bit of a mess all scores above 680 though), should she have anything to be worried about when it is transferred to Citi next year (if Citi actually buys the portfolio) like AA or closure? Thanks for input!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should DM be worried about her Costco TE Amex?

I don't know that anybody can actually answer this question. There is a risk that Citi reviews the portfolio and culls members. However, I think that this risk is probably very small in light of the relationship with Costco. Customers would get very angry if they were suddenly dropped with accounts in good standing, and Costco would hear a whole lot about it. Based on the assumption that Citi paid a lot of money to have a working relationship with Costco, I think it's likely that they keep all the accounts in good standing.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Should DM be worried about her Costco TE Amex?

No idea.  If you look at every other TE thread you'll see that we just don't have much in the way of details.  We certainly have no idea what underwriting requirements will be like for the Citi Costco cobranded card or how the transition will be handled.  The latest info was the letter from Costco and even it was vague.

However, instead of relying on whether or not a creditor is "conservative" or "generous" she should work on addressing the issues with her credit.  The Rebuilding subofurm can be a useful resource.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.