cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should DM shoot for the stars with Barclays?

tag
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Should DM shoot for the stars with Barclays?

So about 3 months ago DM opened up about 5 cards, one was with Barclays - the lowest line by far (3.5k, while all others were above 10k), we couldn't blame them because they pulled TU which at the time was her worst report by far, but now its completely clean, when they approved her her TU score was 670 and it was the Arrival+, but as of today her TU stands at a strong 817, I know its standard to wait about 6 months before asking for a CLI but we were going to be closing on our refi in a few weeks and would like to see if we could get the barclays line to 10k before it reports? 

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Should DM shoot for the stars with Barclays?

You can ask Barclays for a CLI but I would recommend to see if they have a  SP offer.  I did when I activated my Aviator Red card (US Airways at that time) and tested to see if a CLI upon activation would be possible... and yes it was .. Arrival+ with CLI and APR reduction and the brand new account with CLI.  I thought the reason for the low 2,5K limit would be the 3rd card and total exposure but it looked that was not the issue as nice rep approved CLI on 2 of the 3 cards and even moved CLs around. When I called I gave the reason APR reduction and got transferred to a department that was also capable of SP CLIs. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

when they approved her her TU score was 670 and it was the Arrival+, but as of today her TU stands at a strong 817, I know its standard to wait about 6 months before asking for a CLI  

It's never just a matter of time. It's all about what one's credit and income qualify for. If her credit has significantly improved then make the request.

@willwar14 wrote:

but we were going to be closing on our refi in a few weeks and would like to see if we could get the barclays line to 10k before it reports? 

That said, I'd suggest waiting until the refi is finalized if a hard pull is needed for the CLI wit Barclaycard.

Also, don't assume that creditors simply match limits.  Again, it's about what one's credit and income qualify for.

Message 3 of 5
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I agree, don't mess with any CLI until you close on the refi. Increasing the limit will have literally zero influence on the refi but an unintended HP certainly will.

Message 4 of 5
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Yeah I know not to have any more HPs until we close on the house. Already tried the SP cli thing and no offer Smiley Sad

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.