cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I AU on my SW's 20 year old Slate when it hits less than 10% until?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I AU on my SW's 20 year old Slate when it hits less than 10% until?

It is at 70% util, with a 10k limit. She got the card in 1995. She wasn't very smart and let her AmEx close due to inactivity in 2009 which she had since 1995 too. In fact she let a lot of old accounts close, she didn't realise they would close if she didn't use them.

When would be the best time to add this nice old account to mine as an AU?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I AU on my SW's 20 year old Slate when it hits less than 10% until?

Are you planning on apping for anything in the near future?
Do you have an idea of when you have the util lower than 30% or how about 10%?
Do you want or need to be able to actually use the card right now?
What does the rest of your profile look like?

Obviously the best time to add the card would be when the util is less than 10% but if you aren't apping for anything soon it doesn't really matter
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not planning to app for a while. I haven't seen any cards that I would want to app for.
My current total CL is 32500, if I add the slate it is 42500. The balance is 7000 on it and 1000 on my other cards which would make my utilization about 18-19%. My AAoA is 1.7 years but with the slate it would be 4.7 years.

It's funny I've been in the USA for less than a year and I already have all this.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say go ahead and add it if you want. I would expect a decrease in your score though until the util gets down below 30 and then you'll get another bump below 10 and maybe a couple points all the way down to almost paid off. Doesn't really matter though if you aren't planning on apping for anything else anytime soon. You have a very good profile for only being in the states for that amount of time...hell your aaoa is longer than that lol
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That advice is based on assuming you have a plan to have it paid down in the fairly near future. Worst case scenario you have yourself removed as AU and no harm done
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.