Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App Again With Discover...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Should I App Again With Discover...

I app'd for the Discover card on Aug 13 and declined for my BK and status of account they had charged off when I put an account with them in my bk in 2009.

If I app'd today my bk would officially be 5 years old.

I did read that another member recently got approved with a bk at 4.5 years old, but obviously I did not lol

EQ is 675

13 inq

newest account last month barclays, oldest account Sept 2009

2 % util

175k income

Thoughts ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I App Again With Discover...

I think you should try if you don't mind another inq. on your report. They pull TransUnion btw. I was approved with 25k income and a FICO of 680 at the time with only one year credit history. Check if they offer you a prequalified card first Smiley Happy 

I think you would be approved though since it's been 5 years since the BK.

Message 2 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Listen. That is not even a month ago. You will surely get declined. I say wait until Xmas season. Black Friday. Time between  then and now.  They are more generous then.  

Message 3 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you should try if you don't mind another inq. on your report. They pull TransUnion btw. I was approved with 25k income and a FICO of 680 at the time with only one year credit history. Check if they offer you a prequalified card first Smiley Happy 

I think you would be approved though since it's been 5 years since the BK.

They don't pull tu mostly. It depends where you are. Region. They pulled my eq.  And you know what they pulled last time from you. Month waste another hp. Not 30 days. Auto decline. 

Message 4 of 5
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Ok..I will wait to black Friday

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.