Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App Spree at 30% util?

tag
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I App Spree at 30% util?

Thank you Enharu.

I would go with BofA, but I burned them in my BK as well.  My main checking account is with them as well.  But I don't think I should even risk the inq with them...

Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

With a recent bk, I would stick with NFCU. It might be awhile before Amex would approve. Discover has been iffy on bks approvals.
Message 12 of 18
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Personally, if I were you, I'd wait until utilization was under 9% and go for NFCU.  Then I would wait until that reports, then go for Capital One.  Keep in mind that they pull all three reports.  Then I would wait 6 months and try for Discover  Don't try for anyone you have burned as your bankruptcy is too new.  Also, note that in most cases, Amex will not consider someone with a bankruptcy until it is at least 8 years old. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 13 of 18
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to add that you may want to consider a GE backed card too, like Walmart.  The rule of thumb is that you can call and ask for a CLI every 4 months and they are generous with increases.  But I would wait until after NFCU on that one too.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 14 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

U can try any GE backed cards. They are generous with CL.

I don't quite understand BK, im sorry. By being discharged in 2012, does it mean it fell off your record in 2012?

You can also check out US bank and Wells Fargo for their secured products. Wells Fargo do graduate people but they usually tend to be pretty conservative about initial approvals, so you will be taking quite a chance. If you bank with them then it helps a lot.

Other than that I would say try capitalone for now.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 18
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Wait until your UT is down and app with NFCU.  Skip CapOne.  They will certainly approve you but it will be three hard pulls and a $500 credit line that will max out at $750, simply not worth three hards unless you are absolutely desperate for a trade line.  You score and overall application will look much much better with <10% vs. 30%, especially with a recent BK.

Message 16 of 18
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Regarding my BK.  I filled in 10/2011 and it was discharged on 2/2012.  So 2/2012 is when my BK started.  I get to wait 9 more years!

Message 17 of 18
Siopao
Regular Contributor

Wow.  Cap one pulls off all three?  I think I will skip them and focus on NCFU.  I would like another CL and dump Credit One though.

Thanks again to everyone and this forum!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.