cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I App While An Active Dispute Is Open?

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Should I App While An Active Dispute Is Open?

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:
I called EX the other day to inquireabouta tradeline and the rep basically thought I wanted to dispute, so I went ahead and did it. This is also the same time that I want to apply for an Amex Gold. I feel like it will only make my nets look worse if one is in dispute while applying, anyone want to chime on on this?
Why not just wait 30-45 days for the dispute to be resolved?
Because my student loans are going to be reported again next month, since I deferred them for so long the balance is still high. I see Amex denying all the time for this. They are reported as transferred/closed right now.

FicoTron................................Take that AMEX plunge!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Bro, I'm a calculating mother-fer. Factored in with my OCD about getting an Amex I am really stumped on weather or not to app before my loans start reporting again. I just wish these disputes weren't showing. I check every day hoping they are resolved so I can apply. Not to mention I don't know any of you people, so you may just be telling me to app just to see what happens.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 11 of 15
FicoTron
Established Contributor

i find it hard to believe that noone thinks that this is a bad idea besides myself. 

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 12 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:
I called EX the other day to inquireabouta tradeline and the rep basically thought I wanted to dispute, so I went ahead and did it. This is also the same time that I want to apply for an Amex Gold. I feel like it will only make my nets look worse if one is in dispute while applying, anyone want to chime on on this?
Because my student loans are going to be reported again next month, since I deferred them for so long the balance is still high. I see Amex denying all the time for this. They are reported as transferred/closed right now.

FicoTron................................Take that AMEX plunge!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Bro, I'm a calculating mother-fer. Factored in with my OCD about getting an Amex I am really stumped on weather or not to app before my loans start reporting again. I just wish these disputes weren't showing. I check every day hoping they are resolved so I can apply. Not to mention I don't know any of you people, so you may just be telling me to app just to see what happens.

Thats kinda harsh..............

I would give you my advice to see you fail. I tell it like it is to anyone here. If I feel your good for it I say it, if not hold back.

AMEX is not going to hold disputed accounts against you, nor any other creditor. ANd if they ask, explain why its in dispute. Thats all.

If you want to hold off, hold off. But don't ask for member's opinions and then shoot them down when they tell you how they feel.

I mean the title of your thread is asking all of our opinions.....................Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 15
FicoTron
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

I would give you my advice to see you fail. I tell it like it is to anyone here. If I feel your good for it I say it, if not hold back.

AMEX is not going to hold disputed accounts against you, nor any other creditor. ANd if they ask, explain why its in dispute. Thats all.

If you want to hold off, hold off. But don't ask for member's opinions and then shoot them down when they tell you how they feel.

I mean the title of your thread is asking all of our opinions.....................Smiley Indifferent

I realize that, but it doesn't make everyones opinions correct. I know for a fact that disputes can throw a wrench in a home loan application. I don't see why it would be different for Amex, which is why I'm still seeing if someone has any other advice than just to go ahead and app.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 14 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FicoTron wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FicoTron wrote:

I realize that, but it doesn't make everyones opinions correct. I know for a fact that disputes can throw a wrench in a home loan application. I don't see why it would be different for Amex, which is why I'm still seeing if someone has any other advice than just to go ahead and app.

It's your world...........................Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.