Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Apply for 2nd Amex

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Should I Apply for 2nd Amex

I was recently approve for the Delta Skymiles card for $5,000. Should I go ahead an apply for the ED, before I officially go into the garden? My current AAoA is around 7 years on all of my reports. It should be more when the Delta Skymiles report as it has a MSD of 1990. If so, would it be a hard pull or soft pull from AMEX?

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I Apply for 2nd Amex

Well if you want it then go ahead and apply. It will be a hard pull if approved and soft pull if denied.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mato01 wrote:

I was recently approve for the Delta Skymiles card for $5,000. Should I go ahead an apply for the ED, before I officially go into the garden? My current AAoA is around 7 years on all of my reports. It should be more when the Delta Skymiles report as it has a MSD of 1990. If so, would it be a hard pull or soft pull from AMEX?

You are welcome to, but it seems you are relatively borderline for most AMEX revolvers based on your EX FICO.

I'd wait till your new AMEX hits your reports with that backdate and see if you get a jump.

Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mato01 wrote:

DO you have a use for it?  Or just for backdating?   One of the things about backdating (especially with a 1990 date) is that it doesn't really matter when you get it, if you get it now or three years from now, it will show the same on your CR (an account going back to 1990).     So it depends when you want the score boost and how your HPs currently are.

Of course, if you can use the ED, then that is different.

Message 4 of 7
mato01
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the advice. I think the garden looks good at least for 6 months.....shoot for 1 year.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for an ED at 3.5k in mid December of 2014 and used my card religiously. I decided I wanted an additional card from Amex at the end of January and applied for the BCE on the 31st and was instantly approved for 15k.

I would say that you should give it a month after approval and show you use your card and you are not making outlandish purchases and apply again. I was greatly rewarded.

Message 6 of 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I agree with Nixon, let the other card report and hopefully see a score boost before you apply. Or step into the garden for awhile and see where the scores stand. I'm pretty sure the other card that you want has a "higher" requirement than the Delta. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.