Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Ask for a CLI from Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Ask for a CLI from Chase

Oh, okay. Thanks! I really only care about Fico, which is why I thought they fell off after a year.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score dip is already minimized by the 6 month mark and I doubt anyone doing a manual review is going to care about a hard from a current creditor that you are in good standing with if your util is low on your accounts.

Its the principle I know, but still not a major deal. I just know if I had a Chase account and I wanted an increase I would ask for a big one since I knew it would cost me an inq.
Message 12 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
General question here: I had read that Chase was generous with auto-CLI's, and only if you wanted to accelerate things would you bother with a hard inq and request one.

But it seems like a lot of people are requesting them.

Does this mean that Chase isn't all the generous with the autos after all?

Hauling I think Chase is toughest of all for auto CLI. Most take a hard for any increase.
Message 13 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Inquiries do NOT lose their sting. They carry equal punch for 12 months, and then they don't count at all. This is directly from myFICO_Barry.

What does start fading out throughout that first year is the "newness penalty" from an account that results from that inq.

I found last December, when two new accounts hit one year, that I had a score jump on the first day of the month from the accounts turning one year old, and then two smaller jumps on the actual anniversary of each inq. I could tell that's what it was, because my reports stopped squawking about new accounts, but they did keep complaining about inqs, until those actual dates hit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 21
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smallfry wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

General question here: I had read that Chase was generous with auto-CLI's, and only if you wanted to accelerate things would you bother with a hard inq and request one.

But it seems like a lot of people are requesting them.

Does this mean that Chase isn't all the generous with the autos after all?
Hauling I think Chase is toughest of all for auto CLI. Most take a hard for any increase.

Thanks, that's interesting! I knew about the hards if you ask for one, but I know that members used to say that they'd increase on their own if you're patient and behave yourself.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great info - thanks hauling
Message 16 of 21
ncscgirl2005
New Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Before you ask for a CLI, you might want to clarify whether this is a card with a $1200 ceiling. You might wind up doing better switching it to a different card entirely.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of this. It's a Chase PerfectCard if that makes any difference. I thought I saw a few folks on these boards that have the same card with a higher limit.

I also have a Chase Disney card that I use on regular basis. 
Message 17 of 21
ncscgirl2005
New Contributor

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Before you ask for a CLI, you might want to clarify whether this is a card with a $1200 ceiling. You might wind up doing better switching it to a different card entirely.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of this. It's a Chase PerfectCard if that makes any difference. I thought I saw a few folks on these boards that have the same card with a higher limit.

Oops...this is pretty bad. I just realized the card is a Chase Rewards card. I didn't realize it had changed when i sock drawered it.  
Message 18 of 21
ncscgirl2005
New Contributor

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Oops...this is pretty bad. I just realized the card is a Chase Rewards card. I didn't realize it had changed when i sock drawered it.  

Excuse me for my one-sided convo but my card is indeed a Chase Perfectcard as indicated on my online statement. On that note...I'm going to bed...too much myfico.com for one day.
Message 19 of 21
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

fico stops counting inquiries after 12 mths but do the creditors that do the inq's?
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.