Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Should I Ask for a CLI from Chase

laryn41 wrote:
fico stops counting inquiries after 12 mths but do the creditors that do the inq's?

The creditors look at them, and I suppose they might ask you what on earth you were doing if you went ape-wild 15 months ago or whatever. I don't know that I've ever read about anyone denied who just had a couple of inqs within the past 12 months, but 20 the previous year.

I would just be ready to explain it, like "I can't believe those people pulled all three for one app," or "I can't believe they harded me every month for account review." The best response (if this is accurate) is "I didn't know any better back then. Now I do!"
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}