Established Contributor
woopah

Re: Should I Ask for a CLI from Chase

Oh, okay. Thanks! I really only care about Fico, which is why I thought they fell off after a year.
4/16/09: TU: 775, EQ: 805
2/11/09: TU: 773, EQ: 790, EX:790
11/16/08: TU: 773, EQ: 785, EX: 780
Goals for 2009: 0 Credit Card Debt & 0% Util (achieved 2/6/09), Mortgage! (achieved 11/2/09), getting closer to 800 scores (I crossed this earlier this year, but I'm sure I'm not there anymore!)
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

The score dip is already minimized by the 6 month mark and I doubt anyone doing a manual review is going to care about a hard from a current creditor that you are in good standing with if your util is low on your accounts.

Its the principle I know, but still not a major deal. I just know if I had a Chase account and I wanted an increase I would ask for a big one since I knew it would cost me an inq.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

haulingthescoreup wrote:
General question here: I had read that Chase was generous with auto-CLI's, and only if you wanted to accelerate things would you bother with a hard inq and request one.

But it seems like a lot of people are requesting them.

Does this mean that Chase isn't all the generous with the autos after all?

Hauling I think Chase is toughest of all for auto CLI. Most take a hard for any increase.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Inquiries do NOT lose their sting. They carry equal punch for 12 months, and then they don't count at all. This is directly from myFICO_Barry.

What does start fading out throughout that first year is the "newness penalty" from an account that results from that inq.

I found last December, when two new accounts hit one year, that I had a score jump on the first day of the month from the accounts turning one year old, and then two smaller jumps on the actual anniversary of each inq. I could tell that's what it was, because my reports stopped squawking about new accounts, but they did keep complaining about inqs, until those actual dates hit.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

smallfry wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

General question here: I had read that Chase was generous with auto-CLI's, and only if you wanted to accelerate things would you bother with a hard inq and request one.

But it seems like a lot of people are requesting them.

Does this mean that Chase isn't all the generous with the autos after all?
Hauling I think Chase is toughest of all for auto CLI. Most take a hard for any increase.

Thanks, that's interesting! I knew about the hards if you ask for one, but I know that members used to say that they'd increase on their own if you're patient and behave yourself.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

That is great info - thanks hauling
New Contributor
ncscgirl2005

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Before you ask for a CLI, you might want to clarify whether this is a card with a $1200 ceiling. You might wind up doing better switching it to a different card entirely.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of this. It's a Chase PerfectCard if that makes any difference. I thought I saw a few folks on these boards that have the same card with a higher limit.

I also have a Chase Disney card that I use on regular basis. 
EQ- 805
TU-808
New Contributor
ncscgirl2005

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Before you ask for a CLI, you might want to clarify whether this is a card with a $1200 ceiling. You might wind up doing better switching it to a different card entirely.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought of this. It's a Chase PerfectCard if that makes any difference. I thought I saw a few folks on these boards that have the same card with a higher limit.

Oops...this is pretty bad. I just realized the card is a Chase Rewards card. I didn't realize it had changed when i sock drawered it.  
EQ- 805
TU-808
New Contributor
ncscgirl2005

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

ncscgirl2005 wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Oops...this is pretty bad. I just realized the card is a Chase Rewards card. I didn't realize it had changed when i sock drawered it.  

Excuse me for my one-sided convo but my card is indeed a Chase Perfectcard as indicated on my online statement. On that note...I'm going to bed...too much myfico.com for one day.
EQ- 805
TU-808
Frequent Contributor
laryn41

fico stops counting inquiries after 12 mths but do the creditors that do the inq's?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}