Not applicable

Should I Call Discover?

deleted

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Call Discover?

get everything fixed first on your account then worry about your card design later. im sure they'll send you what you want though but that can wait imo. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry about card design right now.  I would call them about the fraud charge though and perhaps you can mention the card design in the same call!

Message 3 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Yes call them.  Wonder what is going on or where the info has been taken ?  3 cards in a short period seems strange. If you have not done so ..change your passwords all of your accounts and do not use the same one for all login...create separate ones. Once you have everything set you can go online and order a 2nd or even a 3rd card with the design you like. Discover will send you even several cards but remember ...the more cards you have the more risk there is and you might not notice that one is gone. All of these cards have the same account numbers.  I would not recommend to have more than two active ones.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

and what's up with fraudulent charges almost always coming from FLORIDA??? seriously!?! from my reading around, it's always coming from that state. smh!

Message 5 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I recently had fraud on my Capital one from Riverside, CA

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 6 of 10
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I call and ask about it? I know I need to call about the charge in Florida, but I've spoken to them several times and they said they already mailed the new card, so I don't want to bother them again. It it worth mentioning when I call about the fraudulent charge? I don't want to be a high maintenance customer, but I assumed I would get to keep the same design I had before. Suggestions?

Your call on the design.  The new fraudulent charge obviously takes priority but that doesn't mean that you can't address the card design as well.  Just be aware that the same person may not be able to handle both matters.  You may want to ask the frontline CSR about the design and then ask to be transferred to their fraud department.  Or make 2 calls if needed.  It's really no big deal either way as far as the card design is considered.

@Anonymous wrote:

and what's up with fraudulent charges almost always coming from FLORIDA??? seriously!?! from my reading around, it's always coming from that state. smh!

Nothing's up about it.  What you're describing is cherry picking/confirmation bias/assuming a trend based on insufficent sample data/etc.  Fraud isn't specific to any one location.  I've had fraudulent charges originating from various places -- even other countries.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just sent a new card because of the data breach. I can confirm that for me, when they changed the account number I could see the new number online but still received the proper card designs for each of us, and once I activated my card the design changed on my online account. Sorry to hear about the fraud on top of that. Good luck. 

Message 8 of 10
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Yikes, sounds like a mess, sorry to hear. I didn't hear about a data breach and haven't been sent a new card. Perhaps it's regional or something.

You can order the new card design online, so if I were you I'd address the fraudulent charge, but not worry about the design right now. If they said they've already mailed the new card anyway it's too late to stop the from "wasting" the a card with the wrong design, and perhaps it is the correct design and simply won't show up on your page till it's activated. If it is the wrong design you can just order the correct one online once you get everything worked out, and then use the wrong design card as a backup or something.

I've found that most fraudulent charge on my accounts seem to originate right in my own city or nearby suburbs, which of course is really smart on the part of the fraudsters since it makes it much less likely the card company themselves will flag it and it's up to me to notice.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin86475391 wrote:

Yikes, sounds like a mess, sorry to hear. I didn't hear about a data breach and haven't been sent a new card. Perhaps it's regional or something.

It's not a Discover data breach, it's some place that evidently I and the OP used our cards at. Discover said if that company doesn't go public, they can't tell me who it was. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.