Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Close Arrival?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Close Arrival?

barclay customer told me that they don't PC cards, but then again that was the same guy who told me that "I" shouldn't have any problem getting approved for arrival card if I applied for it right away. Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

From what I've read, they definitely PC. That's what they generally offer to do when someone calls for a fee waiver.

I'll on PC to the no fee Arrival only if they require me to keep $5,000 on the Arrival +. If thats the case I'll PC and then transfer the CL to the SM, then close the Arrival. The no AF Arrival's rewards are weak compared to the other cards I have. I don't need another card in the sock drawer.   But I'm not sure what the current rules are on minimum CL's on the +. 

Message 12 of 17
red259
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

From what I've read, they definitely PC. That's what they generally offer to do when someone calls for a fee waiver.

I'll on PC to the no fee Arrival only if they require me to keep $5,000 on the Arrival +. If thats the case I'll PC and then transfer the CL to the SM, then close the Arrival. The no AF Arrival's rewards are weak compared to the other cards I have. I don't need another card in the sock drawer.   But I'm not sure what the current rules are on minimum CL's on the +. 

It seems pretty clear to me that you should cancel the card if you don't want to downgrade. The account will remain on your credit report for years to come. Your able to keep your credit line by moving it to another card, so there will be no util hit. I see no logical reason to pay the AF on the card if you don't spend enough on it to offset the fee or if you are not getting enough value back from the perks of the card to make the AF worth while. Feeling bad for the company or worrying about loyalty is just not a good move. AFs should only be paid on cards that your going to get back enough in value via perks or rewards to offset the AF. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

They PC. Smiley Tongue I just PC'd my upromise card to the no fee arrival and got a 10,000 points "signup bonus" even though it was a PC. 

Call the backdoor number and ask them to do it if the front line CSRs wont help ya. 

Message 14 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Laddi wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@sillykitty1 wrote:

They PC. Smiley Tongue I just PC'd my upromise card to the no fee arrival and got a 10,000 points "signup bonus" even though it was a PC. 

Call the backdoor number and ask them to do it if the front line CSRs wont help ya. 

I called backdoor few times to PC my rewards to sallie which they always denied. Today I had to apply for a new Sallie. They kept saying they kept PC.

They only allow PC's to certain cards from what I understand. I was only able to PC my upromise to an arrival, or the barclay rewards card. I wanted to PC to the ring card, but ended up just applying for it afterwards. 

I think you can PC any card to one of Barclay's own cards, but I don't think you can PC from cobranded to cobranded. 

Message 15 of 17
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

I called Barclay's today, and there were no retention offers available for the Arrival.  So I asked to transfer the CL to my Sallie Mae, and close the Arrival.  Rep did so, and said the AF on the Arrival would be credited by the next statement. 

Now online the Sallie Mae has the combine CL - $19,000.  The Arrival is showing a $500 CL, and still opened, with the AF only as the outstanding balance.  So I'm not really sure at what point it will be closed?

I am really impressed at how easy and efficient the process was

Message 16 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I called Barclay's today, and there were no retention offers available for the Arrival.  So I asked to transfer the CL to my Sallie Mae, and close the Arrival.  Rep did so, and said the AF on the Arrival would be credited by the next statement. 

Now online the Sallie Mae has the combine CL - $19,000.  The Arrival is showing a $500 CL, and still opened, with the AF only as the outstanding balance.  So I'm not really sure at what point it will be closed?

I am really impressed at how easy and efficient the process was

Probably once the AF is credited back

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.