Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Close My Orchard Bank Card??

tag
Clyons0203
Valued Member

Should I Close My Orchard Bank Card??

I have three cards:
HSBC $250 limit with a 0 balance                          (5 months old) no lates
SECU card $1000 limit with a 0 balance                (1 month old) never even used it
Cap1 $700 limit with a $250 balance                      (6 years old) no lates

The HSBC/Orchard Bank card is a secured credit card for $250.  I am guessing if I cancel the card I will get my $250 back.

Should I cancel the card and apply for a non secured credit card and get my $250 back??

If so what would be a good card to apply for??  My FICOs are 635, 618, 665..... TU,EQ, EX
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Close My Orchard Bank Card??

Clyons0203 wrote:
I have three cards:
HSBC $250 limit with a 0 balance                          (5 months old) no lates
SECU card $1000 limit with a 0 balance                (1 month old) never even used it
Cap1 $700 limit with a $250 balance                      (6 years old) no lates

The HSBC/Orchard Bank card is a secured credit card for $250.  I am guessing if I cancel the card I will get my $250 back.

Should I cancel the card and apply for a non secured credit card and get my $250 back??

If so what would be a good card to apply for??  My FICOs are 635, 618, 665..... TU,EQ, EX

If you no longer need that line of credit and since it is not your oldest account, it will not hurt to close. You'll also get your 250 back.  They may even offer to convert you when you call to close but that would be up to you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.