Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Dump 1st Premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Dump 1st Premier

I just send a request for a CLI an was denied but then the rep on the phone tells me I'm pre approved for a new card I nicely told her no thank you. I've had this account now 8 months an really didn't plan of keeping it but I really would like to dump them today cause I'm tired of paying the $7 monthly fee.I was just approved for Capital One for a $500 limit a month ago so that could replace my CL on 1st Premier. Will i be making the right move if I close it today.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I Dump 1st Premier

if you only have cap1 and 1st premier then I would wait until you get some more credit.

got any others? 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

if you only have cap1 and 1st premier then I would wait until you get some more credit.

got any others? 

No i have 11 other credit cards lol
Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

oh get rid of them!!! lol

I'm just waiting to get rid of my Credit One but everytime I think about it they give me CLI so I hold on to them a bit longer! 

Message 4 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Creditaddict wrote:

I'm just waiting to get rid of my Credit One but everytime I think about it they give me CLI so I hold on to them a bit longer! 

Ditto. Everytime I think about cancelling, they slip me another $100.

Message 5 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

11 credit cards? how many of those are you paying annual (or worse monthly ) fees? Why in the heck do you need a 500 Crap1 card?
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondog7324 wrote:
11 credit cards? how many of those are you paying annual (or worse monthly ) fees? Why in the heck do you need a 500 Crap1 card?

I only have to other cards with a AF Orchard an Total Visa but First Premier is the worst cause they charge monthly fees plus a AF. I'm gonna get rid of all cards with a AF in the future but First primmer is the worst so that's why there going first. I'm still in the rebuilding stage my highest CL is on my Orchard which is $700 so my $500 limit on Capital One is needed I don't have a AF plus I'm in the credit steps program so my limit will be 1k in 2 months.

Message 7 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

What I would do is start weeding out the fee cards. Put the money going towards fees in a credit union- and add 25 bucks a paycheck into the account, until you have $1000 ask or a secured card.

please do not open any more junk cards.

Message 8 of 12
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

I just got Credit One. Are they good on CLI?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i just made the call First Premier is officially closed. I'm happy one less fee i have to pay every month an one less account i have to manage.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.