Valued Member
civilitermortuse

Should I Freeze ARS / IDA / ICS

Good Morning,

Just wondering if I should freeze the above reports.  I have heard that they don't help you out in any way when applying for cards at US Bank and some othes.  I have read that people freeze them and apply the next day for a card and get approved.

Any information on this would be a great help.!

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: Should I Freeze ARS / IDA / ICS

I plan on applying for an Elan(US Bank) card so I'll see In early July if it works. I was able to freeze Advanced Resolution Services pretty easily and quickly. I faxed the letter and in two days I received a letter confirming the freeze and providing the key to unfreeze it. The other two have not responded yet, so I will see how easy it is to do it with them. Although, if you haven't applied for a lot of cards you shouldn't need to freeze these places.

Valued Member
civilitermortuse

I have applied for a few cards, I don't plan on using Elan or US Bank at the moment, but I don't want to run into any snags if I apply for a card because of ARS.

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

I see. Its free to freeze them, so there's no harm in doing it. Interestingly enough, Chase, Citi, FIA, and others also showed up as inquiries on there when I applied for cards from them. So it seems a lot of companies use it, but do not deny based on it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}