Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Freeze ARS / IDA / ICS

tag
civilitermortuse
Valued Member

Should I Freeze ARS / IDA / ICS

Good Morning,

Just wondering if I should freeze the above reports.  I have heard that they don't help you out in any way when applying for cards at US Bank and some othes.  I have read that people freeze them and apply the next day for a card and get approved.

Any information on this would be a great help.!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I Freeze ARS / IDA / ICS

I plan on applying for an Elan(US Bank) card so I'll see In early July if it works. I was able to freeze Advanced Resolution Services pretty easily and quickly. I faxed the letter and in two days I received a letter confirming the freeze and providing the key to unfreeze it. The other two have not responded yet, so I will see how easy it is to do it with them. Although, if you haven't applied for a lot of cards you shouldn't need to freeze these places.

Message 2 of 4
civilitermortuse
Valued Member

I have applied for a few cards, I don't plan on using Elan or US Bank at the moment, but I don't want to run into any snags if I apply for a card because of ARS.

Message 3 of 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I see. Its free to freeze them, so there's no harm in doing it. Interestingly enough, Chase, Citi, FIA, and others also showed up as inquiries on there when I applied for cards from them. So it seems a lot of companies use it, but do not deny based on it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.