Did you mean: 

Should I Freeze TU before applying Diners Club

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Should I Freeze TU before applying Diners Club

727 EXP and 685 TU

Diners Club

Should I Freee TU?  and apply (hope they will pull EXP?)

Or should I just apply?

Would the freeze get me denied?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I Freeze TU before applying Diners Club

@JTC403 wrote:

727 EXP and 685 TU

Diners Club

Or should I just apply?

It's up to you. I'd leave TU open though.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

there were few people who got experian pulled. If they did that with me, I'd surely denied because my experian is a hot mess and lowest scored out of 3

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Freezing credit reports should not be done to force a lender to pull a more favorable report.  In most cases, the app will not be processed or in some cases be denied.  Also, be aware that lenders may pull from one bureau for app and another for cli's ie Bank of America.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

lenders may pull from one bureau for app and another for cli's ie Bank of America.

Or Discover.

Message 5 of 9
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I had very similar tu score when I apped for the diners cards... approved for both of them... im sure theres plenty more to it than score.. but u should be good.. seen a few ppl in the 650s getting approved

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for a card with a TU Score lower than you.  No reason to freeze

Message 7 of 9
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

In a perfect world, all your credit reports would be exactly the same. Since they choose to report things differently, I see no problem with freezing to your advantage. I would compare it to getting a job reference, some people will give you a good one, others will see you as a so-so worker.

In your case, others have reported getting DC with lower scores, and they will pull both TU and EX sometimes. Make sure your addresses are correct on both beforehand, this delayed my app for weeks.

Message 8 of 9
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@JTC403 wrote:

727 EXP and 685 TU

Diners Club

Or should I just apply?

I'd just apply to see what happens and go from there. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.