cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I RECON these applications? Suggestions please...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I RECON these applications? Suggestions please...

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Message 11 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

With the HP's, you might as well go all out

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a $1000 CL for my Cap 1 Quicksilver, but was denied for Cap 1 Venture. Should I try to backdoor the number and see if they will reverse the decision? Is it because I just got approved for the first one? 

It won't hurt to recon but recon isn't magic.  If you don't qualfiy you don't qualify.  The approval may play a part but not just on its own.  It's never just a matter of the change itself but your credit profile as well.

@Anonymous wrote:

Any suggestions on cards to apply for to raise my scorE? 

What's your profile like?  What are your issues?  Without specifics from you all we can do is provide general info.  Here are the standard factors.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Review your reports keeping these in mind and tackle the issues impacting the biggest factors first.  E.g. -- if you have derogs then hit the Rebuilding subforum, carefully research and see what you can do to address them since dergos will tend to kill Payment History, the biggest factor.

If you can give us some info to work with we can give you some specific feedback.

@Anonymous wrote:

TU & Equifax is 632.  Should I wait for it to raise a little bit?

What scoring models are these scores?  Do those creditors use those specific scoring model/CRA combos in their decisions?  What's your EX report like if any of those creditors pull EX?

It's never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Databse (Google to find).  It's definitely handy for determining which CRA's are pulled for a given creditor/product.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.