Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Recon Amex?

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I Recon Amex?

I called AMEX CS and was read the letter and the verdict is I'll be going to the garden without an AMEX right now. According to the CS rep, and I believe these are the reasons she said through her strong accent, so sorry I may have missed one.

Number of inquiries

Amount of balance on current cards (can't be true because I have NO balance on any of them)

AAOA

Number of new accounts

All which are indicative of a failed recon should I try. It was a good shot I guess, we'll see where we are in about six months from now. Thanks for the help either way everyone.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 11 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

I called AMEX CS and was read the letter and the verdict is I'll be going to the garden without an AMEX right now. According to the CS rep, and I believe these are the reasons she said through her strong accent, so sorry I may have missed one.

Number of inquiries

Amount of balance on current cards (can't be true because I have NO balance on any of them)

AAOA

Number of new accounts

All which are indicative of a failed recon should I try. It was a good shot I guess, we'll see where we are in about six months from now. Thanks for the help either way everyone.

At least you know why. Give your profile sometime to age and you'll be in a better position in 6 mos to a year. 

Message 12 of 13
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

How do you find the correct person to speak with at AMEX on a recon. 2 years ago they dropped my pay over time feature (reinstated 12/2013) due to an error on my credit report and because I didn't use their car buying service.  Every time I called I was assured my account would be reviewed and reinstated immediately but he wasn't the person who did it. No one would transfer me to anyone with that authority. The letter gave me invalid reasons for the removal of the feature and AMEX never responded to my written proof of their error.  Customer service just continued, always with heavy accents, to tell me the feature would be reinstated next billing period.  It never was until December. Why do they hire these people?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.