Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Recon BOA CLI??

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Should I Recon BOA CLI??

Got my denial letter for a CLI on my BOA today ( had it for 3 years), the reasons they stated I was deny was due to having the appropriate CL already based on my credit information, and the historical use of my Account... Can I say BS?

I been using the account for 3 years straight.. always PIF and never late before...BTW I have no baddies on my CR of whatsoever... I also recently went on a App spree adding several new cards to my pocket and I just wanted BOA to CLI me from 2.8k- 5.6k..

Anyways steps I shud do now? 

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Should I Recon BOA CLI??

Can't hurt to recon this one. They might need a manual overwrite.

Message 2 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

what should my reason be with the " the total credit line you have with us is appropriate based on my credit information and historical use of you account"?, Another information is that even though I added 5 new accounts like 2 months ago.. my Credit scored are still 700+, given the impact of new acc/inq

Garden mode

Message 3 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I receieved a similar response from FIA sometime last year. I rang in as soon as I got the letter and asked the lady to look over it again. She took about thirty seconds to look at it, said I handle everything really well, and approved the increase to the amount I asked (1000-5000).

Message 4 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I just call recon and the credit anaylst ggave me some BS reason...like overall credit profile, not just any baddies blah blah... even though i said i don't have anything and been pif with boa for 3 years...

Garden mode

Message 5 of 9
Petraeus
Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

what should my reason be with the " the total credit line you have with us is appropriate based on my credit information and historical use of you account"?, Another information is that even though I added 5 new accounts like 2 months ago.. my Credit scored are still 700+, given the impact of new acc/inq

Jae this seems very odd because I am also a longtime BoA CC holder and was declined for a CLI. However, when I reconed, I asked for reconsideration given my clean CR etc etc depite the fact that I've had new accts/alot of recent INQ (due to an app spree). With that said, they used the same pulled CR to reevaluate and give me counter CLI offer. I'd call back and try again. Sometimes it just depends on the CSR unless I am missing info re: your CR.

FICO® Avg: 732 (11/2013)
Notable CC: AMHFCU® PLATINUM MASTERCARD $25K | Chase Marriott Rewards SigVisa $12K | AmEX PRG NPSL | BoA Cash Rewards Signature® Visa $12K | AmEX BCE $9K | Citi Diamond Preferred $10K | Chase Freedom Signature Visa $5K | BoA Travel Rewards® Signature® Visa $5K
Current Overall CL: $139K | UTL: 18% | AAoA 3yrs | Gardening since 11/26/2013
Future CC: Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature®
Future CLI: AmEX BCE 2/2014 | Fico goal: 760+
Message 6 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

SAME!!!! I just called recon agian( 2nd try).... I ask for a review with the nice lady and she did, but she came back denial again.. and the reson she gave me ( one reason), that i have new accounts.. in my credit report. She only mention for me to call back later to ask for a CLi again... dunno why they won't give it to me lols... She first ask why i wanted it, ( I said for a vacation trip to Asia with my Fam) which is true.. I guess I should use my other cards... moreee than my boa..

BTW: there is nt on my credit report, besides 5 new account, and the inqs with it.. the accounts were opened at the same time... and they are againg to 3 months old soon.

No late, baddies, ever, no BK.. and yet my longest history was with BOA...( banking too with them for 6+ years)

Garden mode

Message 7 of 9
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Maybe give it 6-7 months before asking for a CLI.  That way your inquiries and new accounts will be 6-7 months old.  

I'm in a simliar boat.  I have three new accounts (AMEX Green, BOA Cash Rewards, and Bloomingdale's).  I was thinking BOA may not want to give me a CLI increase in six months because of the new inquries and new accounts.  I may actually wait 8 months just to better my chances...lol!!! 

Message 8 of 9
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Yep weird thing is that they kept mentioning how good my Cr was lol an my pif/not late to them lol

Garden mode

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.