cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I Recon Paypal Extras Mastercard?

tag
Axa
New Contributor

Should I Recon Paypal Extras Mastercard?

I think I just want to hear, "No," because I really don't need it. This is just a group therapy session for me and I just need some encouragement. I'm in the Garden now, and have been since a few days after trying for this card. It will be a soft pull, but I don't really see where I need it unless there is some great benefit that comes with having the card over time. I've heard of generous CLIs, but I really don't need higher CLIs right now or in the near future, unless it's just to add a notch to my belt. I think this last statement decided it for me, but I'm going to post this anyway in case someone else is thinking along the same lines or is undecided about adding one more card.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Should I Recon Paypal Extras Mastercard?

A) an application for a ge card is not a soft pull.

B) you can almost never recon with GE unless there was false info on your report.
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jsucool76 wrote:

B) you can almost never recon with GE unless there was false info on your report.

+1

Message 3 of 6
Axa
New Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

This has made my decision. Amex was a soft pull, and so is Chase, so I incorrectly assumed.

@jsucool76 wrote:

There was, as I think they pulled Experian. There are 2 baddies that will be eliminated on 3/8/2013. I confirmed this today. EF and TU have already deleted them.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What was the reason for denial? GE usually pulls TU...have you checked your reports? 

Message 5 of 6
Axa
New Contributor

No reasons given, just that the app needed review. TU doesn't have any baddies, just too many inquiries, I assume.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.