cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I? Should I? Finally pulled trigger on NFCU-Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I? Should I? Finally pulled trigger on NFCU-Approval!!!

After months of reading these wonderful boards & cleaning up my CRs., I managed to get my scores up a bit. Opened a $250 secured card and a Cap1 unsecured at $750. I also have a reaffirmed car loan with Honda Finance. So a couple of weeks ago I managed to join NFCU through a family member in the military. I thought about applying for a CC for the 2 weeks but would not pull the trigger, since  I was recently denied the so called BK friendly Hooters card. Denial reason, BK...So I decided today to  pull the trigger and apply with NFCU. I opted to call in place of applying online as some have suggested. Wow! one of the most friendly, caring reps I've ever spoken to!! felt as if I was talking to a family member. I explained my situation and my current scores and asked if I stood a chance since I didn't want to waste a inquiry. She stated they work with scores as low as 580, so I should be ok. I also asked if I applying for the Navchek LOC and a CC would generate 2 diff inquiries, she stated no If both are applied for at the same time. So I applied for LOC for $3,000 and the nRewards Visa.  Instant approval for the CC $4,500 CL at 14.24%. Not the best rate but for someone with a recent BK I'm not complaining at all.  As far as the Navchek, I didn't get a instant approval but she was nice enough to call the loan underwriter on my behalf. Moments later, Approved for the $3,000, but they want me to fax my last 2 paystubs and my last bank statement (non-NFCU). Will fax tomm morning..

I now love NFCU!!!! I'm transfering all of my accounts to them. Top notch customer service. they will go out of their way to help you!!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.