Regular Contributor
tiger67

Re: Should I accept Discover More?

The concern over the $3000 spending required to earn 1% is a little misplaced. We are talking about $22.50 in lost rewards (1% - .25% x 3000). That amount is easily made up in quarterly and special categories and the online shopping center. ex: At Christmas, I earned $150 cash back (10%) for buying a TV from Best Buy through the shopping center.

Discover has great customer service and the credit limit should grow with you. At the time of my approval my highest limit was $10,000, Discover opened my account at $15,000. Good luck.

Established Member
mjp187

Discover Card is the only company that has ever called me and asked what can they do to become my go to card?

I told them better APR and immediately lowered 2.7% this has happened twice. So yes a great card.

Regular Contributor
asteroidblues

mjp187 wrote:

Discover Card is the only company that has ever called me and asked what can they do to become my go to card?

I told them better APR and immediately lowered 2.7% this has happened twice. So yes a great card.

My APR is PRIME+13.99. I still would have answered by saying higher CL. 

The only call I got from them was from the fraud department wanting to know if I had used the card twice at Murphy's USA 15 minutes a part.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+