cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

tag
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know how you feel after being denied a CLI from capone. and then getting a sweet preaproved 700 limit. it sound healing, but

NO, you have way better offers that do not need a pre aproved crap letter.

My advise is to go apply for, a Credit Union, they are sweet as angels, if you dont get it try  Walmart, then maybe a newcommer capital one, and then if you cannot get any of those, get that FP crap.. good luck and let us know how you do.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 11 of 31
CreditCowboy
Established Member

Thanks guys haha FP is not too popular around here. The offer is in the trash.  My credit was really bad until a few years ago. I currently have 3 collections, although my Fico only shows the one w Ford as an open collection. They are from 2010 or before and thats why my credit is so bad. I was part of the banking bubble that exploded in 07/08. Ford charged off the debt and cavalry has the collection. Should I focus on paying off these collections before anything else?

Starting Score: 634
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 31
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

The advice on this forum is pretty solid .... FP (in my view) would not do enough to help you to justify putting up with the drama and expense $$.... GECRB (Walmart) is known to grow with you and provides you a TU Fico each month.( May come in really handy for you, since you seem to monitor your scores) In short, If it were me , I would have a good laugh tossing ANY F.P. offers in the trash Smiley Happy

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 13 of 31
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@CreditCowboy wrote:

Thanks guys haha FP is not too popular around here. The offer is in the trash.  My credit was really bad until a few years ago. I currently have 3 collections, although my Fico only shows the one w Ford as an open collection. They are from 2010 or before and thats why my credit is so bad. I was part of the banking bubble that exploded in 07/08. Ford charged off the debt and cavalry has the collection. Should I focus on paying off these collections before anything else?

I doubt any more Credit Lines will help much.      Cleaning up the collections if you can will help tremendously.   

Message 14 of 31
Jkusa
Valued Member

I did, with a 300 CL.... closed it one year later.

My recommnedation is that if you have ANY other options then pass on FP.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 31
CreditCowboy
Established Member

Thanks so much for all of your help guys. I am gonna start with the collections, and go from there. 

Starting Score: 634
Current Score: 642

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

NOOOOOOOOOO it just shows how bad your credit is!! You can re-build or establish with better cards than FP. DONT DO IT!!! IS ALL I SAY

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 17 of 31
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO it just shows how bad your credit is!! You can re-build or establish with better cards than FP. DONT DO IT!!! IS ALL I SAY

I was tempted back when and I'm sure glad I didn't.  Wouldn't want even a good TL from those bastards on my CR for 10 years after I closed it.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 18 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@cashnocredit GOOD! as to everybody else if you every feel like FP or credit one is your only option GO WALK IT OUT UNTIL YOU CLEAR YOUR MIND! GO FOR WALMART OR YOUR LOCAL CU INSTEAD they will do you MUCH (5x's) MORE GOOD!!! Smiley Wink

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 19 of 31
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@CreditCowboy wrote:

I doubt any more Credit Lines will help much.      Cleaning up the collections if you can will help tremendously.   

Be aware that by cleaning up collections, people mean getting them removed.  Paying a collection will not improve your score.  A collection is scored the same if it is paid or not.  You may already be aware of that, but wanted to be sure. 

For the one open collection, offer to pay in exchange for deletion (PFD) if you can.  For those you already paid, you'll just have to write them asking for a goodwill (GW) deletion.  For GW especially, you have to be persistent.  You're unlikely to get a positive response the first time you write to them.    

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.