Reply
Established Contributor
zerobacan
Posts: 726
Registered: ‎01-13-2013
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 

I know how you feel after being denied a CLI from capone. and then getting a sweet preaproved 700 limit. it sound healing, but

 

NO, you have way better offers that do not need a pre aproved crap letter.

 

My advise is to go apply for, a Credit Union, they are sweet as angels, if you dont get it try  Walmart, then maybe a newcommer capital one, and then if you cannot get any of those, get that FP crap.. good luck and let us know how you do.

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Established Member
CreditCowboy
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-27-2013
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

Thanks guys haha FP is not too popular around here. The offer is in the trash.  My credit was really bad until a few years ago. I currently have 3 collections, although my Fico only shows the one w Ford as an open collection. They are from 2010 or before and thats why my credit is so bad. I was part of the banking bubble that exploded in 07/08. Ford charged off the debt and cavalry has the collection. Should I focus on paying off these collections before anything else?


Starting Score: 634
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Frequent Contributor
nuggets321
Posts: 344
Registered: ‎03-25-2011
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

The advice on this forum is pretty solid .... FP (in my view) would not do enough to help you to justify putting up with the drama and expense $$.... GECRB (Walmart) is known to grow with you and provides you a TU Fico each month.( May come in really handy for you, since you seem to monitor your scores) In short, If it were me , I would have a good laugh tossing ANY F.P. offers in the trash :smileyhappy:

TU-717 (MYFICO) EQ- 696(MYFICO) EXP 711(Amex denial letter)
My Wallet : Dicover More 10,000 CL / Amex Zync NPSL / WellsFargoRewards3800 / -CapOne 3000CL / GEMBWalMart 5000CL / Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 3000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Plat Select 3000CL / CHASE Freedom 1300CL / Lowes 10,000 CL / BBuyStoreCard 5000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 / Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto /2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 6500CL / Chase Slate$4000/BofA2500/ToyotaRewardsVisa$6500BofA$6500
Senior Contributor
Wolf3
Posts: 3,198
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?


CreditCowboy wrote:

Thanks guys haha FP is not too popular around here. The offer is in the trash.  My credit was really bad until a few years ago. I currently have 3 collections, although my Fico only shows the one w Ford as an open collection. They are from 2010 or before and thats why my credit is so bad. I was part of the banking bubble that exploded in 07/08. Ford charged off the debt and cavalry has the collection. Should I focus on paying off these collections before anything else?


I doubt any more Credit Lines will help much.      Cleaning up the collections if you can will help tremendously.   

Valued Member
Jkusa
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎10-15-2012
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

I did, with a 300 CL.... closed it one year later.

My recommnedation is that if you have ANY other options then pass on FP.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/i/custom/FFC_Icon.gif">Starting Score: 652
Current Score: EQ 685 TU 683 EX 699 (their sites FAKO) all as of 03/02/13
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
CreditCowboy
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎01-27-2013
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

Thanks so much for all of your help guys. I am gonna start with the collections, and go from there. 


Starting Score: 634
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

NOOOOOOOOOO it just shows how bad your credit is!! You can re-build or establish with better cards than FP. DONT DO IT!!! IS ALL I SAY

Established Contributor
cashnocredit
Posts: 1,024
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?


BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOO it just shows how bad your credit is!! You can re-build or establish with better cards than FP. DONT DO IT!!! IS ALL I SAY


I was tempted back when and I'm sure glad I didn't.  Wouldn't want even a good TL from those bastards on my CR for 10 years after I closed it.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Posts: 3,463
Registered: ‎10-02-2012
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?

@cashnocredit GOOD! as to everybody else if you every feel like FP or credit one is your only option GO WALK IT OUT UNTIL YOU CLEAR YOUR MIND! GO FOR WALMART OR YOUR LOCAL CU INSTEAD they will do you MUCH (5x's) MORE GOOD!!! :smileywink:

Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Posts: 3,065
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: Should I accept First Premier Platinum Offer?


Wolf3 wrote:

CreditCowboy wrote:

Thanks guys haha FP is not too popular around here. The offer is in the trash.  My credit was really bad until a few years ago. I currently have 3 collections, although my Fico only shows the one w Ford as an open collection. They are from 2010 or before and thats why my credit is so bad. I was part of the banking bubble that exploded in 07/08. Ford charged off the debt and cavalry has the collection. Should I focus on paying off these collections before anything else?


I doubt any more Credit Lines will help much.      Cleaning up the collections if you can will help tremendously.   


Be aware that by cleaning up collections, people mean getting them removed.  Paying a collection will not improve your score.  A collection is scored the same if it is paid or not.  You may already be aware of that, but wanted to be sure. 

 

For the one open collection, offer to pay in exchange for deletion (PFD) if you can.  For those you already paid, you'll just have to write them asking for a goodwill (GW) deletion.  For GW especially, you have to be persistent.  You're unlikely to get a positive response the first time you write to them.    


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+