Established Contributor

Re: Should I accept preapproval?

+1

Contributor

Re: Should I accept preapproval?

This comes from my own experience. I filled for chapter 7 back in 2010. I needed a credit card and no one would approve me, so I bit the bullet and got the credit one card.

I hated all the fees! but i have  to be honest this card helped me improve my credit. They even charge you to make a payment online, but there is a way around that. I just made my payments through my bank every month and there was no fee. I really hated the fees but I stuck with credit one for about a year and a half until I was able to get some better cards. So I guess it just depends how bad your credit is. My limit started with 400 but by the time I cancelled it was up to 1000.

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.