Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I add husband as AU?

tag
lostinlala2
Valued Member

Should I add husband as AU?

We are trying to but first house. Were preapproved for FHA in Sept and then in Dec but with the bump in cs minimums mortgage broker is worried DH score (or lack of scores) might kick us out. The only score that shows up on the cr that one broker gave me a copy of was a 630 beacon 5.0.First, I am not sure what the Beacon 5.0 is but the question I have for this group is...should I add him as AU to my 3 cap one cards? He has several baddies that will fall off this year but no current bads or goods (thus no FICO?).

I have good payment history for 5+ years but late payments show on all 3 from 2003. They are not maxed out but close to it, will be able to pay down significantly this month (CL $4250, 500, 550 Balances  75%, 75%, 0). Does the entire history show or just from the date he is added as AU?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
itsjustmeibe
Regular Contributor

Re: Should I add husband as AU?

@lostinlala2 wrote:

We are trying to but first house. Were preapproved for FHA in Sept and then in Dec but with the bump in cs minimums mortgage broker is worried DH score (or lack of scores) might kick us out. The only score that shows up on the cr that one broker gave me a copy of was a 630 beacon 5.0.First, I am not sure what the Beacon 5.0 is but the question I have for this group is...should I add him as AU to my 3 cap one cards? yes - but be sure you are allowed to, my BF tried to add an authorized user online but his account said it was not eligible

He has several baddies that will fall off this year but no current bads or goods (thus no FICO?) He needs some current accounts to generate FICO.

I have good payment history for 5+ years but late payments show on all 3 from 2003. The late payments are old so they would have less of an effect than if they were new

They are not maxed out but close to it, will be able to pay down significantly this month (CL $4250, 500, 550 Balances  75%, 75%, 0). Does the entire history show or just from the date he is added as AU? The entire history shows, and most likely he will generate a score in the 600s. I just did this for my brother and he has a 668 with some old baddies, but the current accounts helped a lot. He didn't have a score before I added him.

Thanks

Let us know how you make out!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.