Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app again?

tag
travisp33
Contributor

Should I app again?

10/7 - App for BCP deined fico too low, not enouh revolving (EX 645 reported from AMEX)

10/7 - App NFCU cash rewards, approved 25k. (EQ 659 reported from NFCU)

10/7 - App Walmart, approved for store card, recon CLI upped to 5k.

10/15 App NFCU Car loan - Approved but not used yet

10/16 App NFCU Overdraft LOC, Approved 15k.

10/17 Recieve Amex "preselected" offer for green - 25k bonus, 0 fee.

TU has 6 HP's

EQ and EX each have 2

Walmart has posted to all CRAs, nothing from NFCU has at this point.

Not much on the wishlist except for the SPG amex, which I won't qualify for. Wouldn't mind a 0% BT offer. OTher than that just wondering if there is anything easy I should be picking up to help overall util or good bonuses I might qual for on rewards type cards. After this spree Im off to the garden and DW will spree since I am BT'ing all of her debt to me.

Should I recon AMEX on the BCP? I haven't reconed them yet.

Ok, simply put - success feels good and I want MORE!

Starting 6/13: Experian FAKOS are EX: 610 EQ: 602 TU: 582
Current 5/15: TU Fico: 724
NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I app again?

It seems your recent growth has been commendable, yet if you have already achieved this large growth recently, is there a need for more or just a want?   

AMEX recons are usually not very successful especially since not much would have changed since you applied.

Message 2 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

No. Let's be clear, NFCU is very generous and forgiving with credit profiles. The recent approvals are a huge achievement but based on your credit profile, apping now would not be beneficial. Let the Walmart and NFCU help build a nice foundation for you.

You apped and were denied for an Amex on the 7th and are thinking about apping again?
Message 3 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
No.  Let's be clear, NFCU is very generous and forgiving with credit profiles. The recent approvals are a huge achievement but based on your credit profile, apping now would not be beneficial. Let the Walmart and NFCU help build a nice foundation for you.
You apped and were denied for an Amex on the 7th and are thinking about apping again?

+1

OP - Success also comes with a compass for fiscal responsibility and capacity associated with amassing such large amounts of credit in a relatively short period.

Message 4 of 30
travisp33
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
No. Let's be clear, NFCU is very generous and forgiving with credit profiles. The recent approvals are a huge achievement but based on your credit profile, apping now would not be beneficial. Let the Walmart and NFCU help build a nice foundation for you.

Not apping AMEX again per-sae, just having a call to the recon department.

And yes, this is want - as in want as much limit as possible to drive util % down. Just thinking there have to be some other cards for scores in this range.

NFCU Platinum 25k | Discover 14k | AMEX SPG 20k | TotalRewards Visa 12k | US AIrways MC 15k | Walmart 6k | Sams 3k | Lowes 2.5K
Message 5 of 30
travisp33
Contributor

And where is youngandcreditworthy when I need someone with a more aggressive outlook? lol Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What is your util? I would think the $25k would be a big help.

Young will surely chime in with his opinion. If you want to app you really don't need to wait ...go ahead and pull the trigger.
Message 7 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@travisp33 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Not apping again per-sae, just having a call to the recon department.

And yes, this is want - as in want as much limit as possible to drive util % down. Just thinking there have to be some other cards for scores in this range.

Everyone has different goals but IMHO, whether young provides his view or not, your chances of success for AMEX reconsideration are slim to none.  We'll also let others with vast AMEX experience to chime in.

As with anything, it's your own credit and free to manage it however you see fit.  So, you can always try your luck with other cards and see where it leads...YEMV.

Message 8 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

I agree with finstar and lexie. You ought to just leave it as is for now. Appealing your Amex denial will just result in more unnecessary HPs with low odds of approval.

However, if you want to be aggressive and gamble, which sounds like what you want to do regardless of what others are going to say, go ahead. There's nothing wrong with gambling per say, just that lexie and finstar are advising you to maximize your odds of approval, rather than to take a chance and gamble. Anyone can gamble as much as they want. It's just a matter of whether they can afford to lose.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The procedure for reconning with Amex is faxing a copy of your credit report to the Media Dept ( number in backdoor sticky), include a cover page with your reference number, note the errors on the credit report they pulled have been corrected -as illustrated in the faxed cr.

They do not do 'recons' like Chase or Barclays

Good luck!
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.