Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app for Amazon?

tag
jon17brown
Valued Member

Should I app for Amazon?

Early next month I'll hit the 6 month mark and will generate my first score. I'd like to make a purchase through amazon and I was wondering if I'd be approved for their cc. It's GE backed correct?

I have a secured cap1 (300) and a non secured cap1 (500) and 1% utilization. And 6+ inquiries depending on what they pull.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Should I app for Amazon?

They generally pull TU.

Good luck!

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@jon17brown wrote:
Early next month I'll hit the 6 month mark and will generate my first score. I'd like to make a purchase through amazon and I was wondering if I'd be approved for their cc. It's GE backed correct?

I have a secured cap1 (300) and a non secured cap1 (500) and 1% utilization. And 6+ inquiries depending on what they pull.

Thanks!

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jon17brown wrote:

Thanks!

The Amazon.com Store Card is backed by GE Money.

The Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card is backed by Chase.

One is a store card and one is a credit card.

Message 4 of 17
jon17brown
Valued Member

If i app for the CC will they counter with a store card offer if i dont qualify? Otherwise I'll app for the store card since TU has the least amount of inq.
Message 5 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jon17brown wrote:
If i app for the CC will they counter with a store card offer if i dont qualify? Otherwise I'll app for the store card since TU has the least amount of inq.

There is no counteroffer. The VISA is backed by Chase, the store card is backed by GE. I would go for the store card, Chase would deny you for limited credit history.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@jon17brown wrote:

There is no counteroffer. The VISA is backed by Chase, the store card is backed by GE. I would go for the store card, Chase would deny you for limited credit history.

+1 GE card has better CLI policy for your stage of credit.  IE. soft based CLI every 4 or 6 months.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 17
jon17brown
Valued Member

Ok so store card it is. Do I have a good chance of getting approved?
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jon17brown wrote:
Ok so store card it is. Do I have a good chance of getting approved?

Do you have any baddies on your credit report besides the numerous inquiries?

Message 9 of 17
jon17brown
Valued Member

Nope. All clean. Took 7 yrs but all clean.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.