Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app for BCP?

tag
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

Should I app for BCP?

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

-EQ FICO as of Nov '11 was 749 (before INQ). CK is 760 and CS is 801. 

-1 inq on EQ, none on EX or TU

-No baddies

-Oldest acct: 5 years, 6 months

-AAoA: 3 years, 7 months

-Student loan of about $2400

-Current cards and util:

BofA Travel Rewards: 0/1700

Citi Forward: 0/5500 (however, statement cuts tomorrow with 212 balance)

US Bank Cash+: 223/11,000

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

-I would lock in a 2013 member date with AMEX.

Cons:

-I prefer having fewer cards because I'm lazy. Smiley Tongue

-I will probably have an apartment credit check in April or May.

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I app for BCP?

Go for it!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 17
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Good Angel: No. Do not App. Remain in the Garden

Bad Angel: Don't listen to that poor excuse of a angel! Go for it! App! App! App!

I'll listen to the Bad Angel if I was you!

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 3 of 17
Bobert22
Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

-No baddies

-Current cards and util:

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

Cons:

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?

The annual fee is $75 after the first year. 

Also where do you see the link for $250 for the BCP and $150 for the BCE?

I just went to Creditcards.com and don't see any offers, besides the regular $100 for BCE and $150 for BCP?

In regards to your application, its an instant approval (most likely), and it looks like it'll fit in with your spending. I say go for it! 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 4 of 17
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

-No baddies

-Current cards and util:

Pros:

Cons:

I just went to Creditcards.com and don't see any offers, besides the regular $100 for BCE and $150 for BCP?

In regards to your application, its an instant approval (most likely), and it looks like it'll fit in with your spending. I say go for it! 

To see the offer, use the Cardmatch tool (just enter name and address, no need for SSN).

I don't see anything about the AF being waived for the first year, so I don't think it is. (Whereas for say, Gold Delta Skymiles, it does say the AF is waived for the first year.)

Message 5 of 17
Bobert22
Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

-No baddies

-Current cards and util:

Pros:

Cons:

To see the offer, use the Cardmatch tool (just enter name and address, no need for SSN).

I don't see anything about the AF being waived for the first year, so I don't think it is. (Whereas for say, Gold Delta Skymiles, it does say the AF is waived for the first year.)

Oh, I see! Thanks! Gonna think about applying for it. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 6 of 17
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! Smiley Very Happy But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST)

Message 7 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! Smiley Very Happy But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

CONGRATS!!!

Yes call in!!! You probably got a really nice limit!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 17
flyingpenguin
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! Just called in and my limit is $12,100!!! Smiley Very Happy (That $100 is kind of random but I'll take it!)

Off to read the 3x CLI thread! Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@flyingpenguin wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@flyingpenguin wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! Just called in and my limit is $12,100!!! Smiley Very Happy (That $100 is kind of random but I'll take it!)

Off to read the 3x CLI thread! Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Smiley Happy

HAPPY DANCE!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.