Reply
Valued Member
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Should I app for BCP?

[ Edited ]

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

 

-EQ FICO as of Nov '11 was 749 (before INQ). CK is 760 and CS is 801. 

-1 inq on EQ, none on EX or TU

-No baddies

-Oldest acct: 5 years, 6 months

-AAoA: 3 years, 7 months

-Student loan of about $2400

-Current cards and util:

BofA Travel Rewards: 0/1700

Citi Forward: 0/5500 (however, statement cuts tomorrow with 212 balance)

US Bank Cash+: 223/11,000

 

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

-I would lock in a 2013 member date with AMEX.

 

Cons:

-I prefer having fewer cards because I'm lazy. :smileytongue:

-I will probably have an apartment credit check in April or May.

 

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

 

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?

Go for it!!!



Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
Posts: 243
Registered: ‎02-29-2012
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?

Good Angel: No. Do not App. Remain in the Garden

 

Bad Angel: Don't listen to that poor excuse of a angel! Go for it! App! App! App!

 

I'll listen to the Bad Angel if I was you!

Zync from American Express- NPSL
Amex BCE- $1,000
Discover IT- $1,500
Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards-$1,000
Chase Freedom- $500
Capital One- $500
Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


flyingpenguin wrote:

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

 

-EQ FICO as of Nov '11 was 749 (before INQ). CK is 760 and CS is 801. 

-1 inq on EQ, none on EX or TU

-No baddies

-Oldest acct: 5 years, 6 months

-AAoA: 3 years, 7 months

-Student loan of about $2400

-Current cards and util:

BofA Travel Rewards: 0/1700

Citi Forward: 0/5500 (however, statement cuts tomorrow with 212 balance)

US Bank Cash+: 223/11,000

 

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

-I would lock in a 2013 member date with AMEX.

 

Cons:

-I prefer having fewer cards because I'm lazy. :smileytongue:

-I will probably have an apartment credit check in April or May.

 

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

 

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?


The annual fee is $75 after the first year. 

 

Also where do you see the link for $250 for the BCP and $150 for the BCE?

 

I just went to Creditcards.com and don't see any offers, besides the regular $100 for BCE and $150 for BCP?

 

 

In regards to your application, its an instant approval (most likely), and it looks like it'll fit in with your spending. I say go for it! 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Valued Member
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


Bobert22 wrote:

flyingpenguin wrote:

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

 

-EQ FICO as of Nov '11 was 749 (before INQ). CK is 760 and CS is 801. 

-1 inq on EQ, none on EX or TU

-No baddies

-Oldest acct: 5 years, 6 months

-AAoA: 3 years, 7 months

-Student loan of about $2400

-Current cards and util:

BofA Travel Rewards: 0/1700

Citi Forward: 0/5500 (however, statement cuts tomorrow with 212 balance)

US Bank Cash+: 223/11,000

 

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

-I would lock in a 2013 member date with AMEX.

 

Cons:

-I prefer having fewer cards because I'm lazy. :smileytongue:

-I will probably have an apartment credit check in April or May.

 

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

 

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?


The annual fee is $75 after the first year. 

 

Also where do you see the link for $250 for the BCP and $150 for the BCE?

 

I just went to Creditcards.com and don't see any offers, besides the regular $100 for BCE and $150 for BCP?

 

 

In regards to your application, its an instant approval (most likely), and it looks like it'll fit in with your spending. I say go for it! 


To see the offer, use the Cardmatch tool (just enter name and address, no need for SSN).

 

I don't see anything about the AF being waived for the first year, so I don't think it is. (Whereas for say, Gold Delta Skymiles, it does say the AF is waived for the first year.)

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


flyingpenguin wrote:

Bobert22 wrote:

flyingpenguin wrote:

The creditcards.com BCP sign-up bonus of $250 is seriously tempting me. (Thanks to charyot77 for starting the thread about it!) I wasn't planning on apping for anything, but... After the AF it'll be $175 and I'll PC to BCE before a year is up. Should I do it?

 

-EQ FICO as of Nov '11 was 749 (before INQ). CK is 760 and CS is 801. 

-1 inq on EQ, none on EX or TU

-No baddies

-Oldest acct: 5 years, 6 months

-AAoA: 3 years, 7 months

-Student loan of about $2400

-Current cards and util:

BofA Travel Rewards: 0/1700

Citi Forward: 0/5500 (however, statement cuts tomorrow with 212 balance)

US Bank Cash+: 223/11,000

 

Pros:

-Net gain of $175 + 6% back on groceries (only spend $50-75/month at supermarkets though)

-I would lock in a 2013 member date with AMEX.

 

Cons:

-I prefer having fewer cards because I'm lazy. :smileytongue:

-I will probably have an apartment credit check in April or May.

 

Maybe I should wait till later in the year, if the offer comes around again? So tempted though! What would you do?

 

ETA: If I apply, can I put my bonus under supplemental income even though I won't receive it until Feb. 28? Or is it safer to put last year's bonus, or nothing at all?


The annual fee is $75 after the first year. 

 

Also where do you see the link for $250 for the BCP and $150 for the BCE?

 

I just went to Creditcards.com and don't see any offers, besides the regular $100 for BCE and $150 for BCP?

 

 

In regards to your application, its an instant approval (most likely), and it looks like it'll fit in with your spending. I say go for it! 


To see the offer, use the Cardmatch tool (just enter name and address, no need for SSN).

 

I don't see anything about the AF being waived for the first year, so I don't think it is. (Whereas for say, Gold Delta Skymiles, it does say the AF is waived for the first year.)


Oh, I see! Thanks! Gonna think about applying for it. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Valued Member
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! :smileyvery-happy: But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

 

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

 

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

 

1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST)

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


flyingpenguin wrote:

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! :smileyvery-happy: But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

 

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

 

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

 

1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST)


CONGRATS!!!

 

Yes call in!!! You probably got a really nice limit!

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Member
Posts: 58
Registered: ‎11-25-2012
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


LS2982 wrote:

flyingpenguin wrote:

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! :smileyvery-happy: But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

 

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

 

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

 

1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST)


CONGRATS!!!

 

Yes call in!!! You probably got a really nice limit!

 


Thanks! Just called in and my limit is $12,100!!! :smileyvery-happy: (That $100 is kind of random but I'll take it!)

 

Off to read the 3x CLI thread! Thanks everyone for your encouragement. :smileyhappy:

Amex BCP ($12,100) - US Bank Cash+ ($11,000) - BofA Travel Rewards ($10,000) - Citi Forward ($5,500)

Last HP: 6/11/13 (for BofA CLI)
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,442
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Should I app for BCP?


flyingpenguin wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

flyingpenguin wrote:

I gave into temptation and apped... Instant approval! :smileyvery-happy: But I don't know what my credit line is. On the status website it just says:

 

Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

 

Should I call they number they give to find out what it is? And can I request expedited delivery?

 

1-866-314-0237 (Mon-Fri 6am-8pm MST)


CONGRATS!!!

 

Yes call in!!! You probably got a really nice limit!

 


Thanks! Just called in and my limit is $12,100!!! :smileyvery-happy: (That $100 is kind of random but I'll take it!)

 

Off to read the 3x CLI thread! Thanks everyone for your encouragement. :smileyhappy:


HAPPY DANCE!!!

 


 

 

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.