Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app for another card or wait?

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Should I app for another card or wait?

I was recently approved for 2 cards on the same month ( Amex ZYNC, Citi Diamond Preffered Rewards) yet I'm still not satisfied until I have the Bank of America Accelerated Rewards American Express or Discover. Should I apply or wait a while??? So far I have total of 2 Inquiries within 1 month and total of 4 inquiries on my Equifax. I want this card so bad!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I app for another card or wait?

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I was recently approved for 2 cards on the same month ( Amex ZYNC, Citi Diamond Preffered Rewards) yet I'm still not satisfied until I have the Bank of America Accelerated Rewards American Express or Discover. Should I apply or wait a while??? So far I have total of 2 Inquiries within 1 month and total of 4 inquiries on my Equifax. I want this card so bad!!

Please provide more information, so we can help you better. 

• Your each ccs info ...  mo/yr of approval, CL, balance.
  • Your inq's mo/yr.
  • Your credit score.
  • Do you have any buddies?  any loans?

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you want the Bank Of America amex, do the pre-qual site, that use to be the card they would offer if you were approved, it's a soft, if you don't get an offer I'm not sure I would waste an inq to apply

Message 3 of 5
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Why do you want it so bad?  Is it because it's an AmEx backed by a bank other than AmEx?  I hear it's a great card to have, but two prime cards in one month is enough.  I would wait at least 6 months to apply with BofA or Discover.  Give those two cards some time to show positive payment history.  Btw, what CLs did you receive?  Congrats on both.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would apply as soon as your 2 new accounts are reporting to your credit.  This way you take the ding now for new accounts all at once, and your 4 inq will fall off the same time next year.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.