cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I app for the Discover IT while the standards are "loose"?

tag
charyot77
Regular Contributor

Should I app for the Discover IT while the standards are "loose"?

I know this question sounds somewhat bizzare but I'm wondering if i should try to get in with Discover now while they're trying to meet a membership threshold with their Discover IT card.

I already have prime cards with 0% purchasing (BCE and Citi Dividend) until the 4th quarter of this year so I'd rather apply when I'd need the financing, but I worry that I might not be able to get in with Discover later once they tighten  up their standards.

I'm not sure why I think this....maybe I have irrational "credit anxiety".  Is this normal? Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
firstladyd
Contributor

Re: Should I app for the Discover IT while the standards are "loose"?

Probably credit anxiety. You have nice cards. Especially picky Citi. If you read through recent posts for approvals for this card they seem to be looking for applicants with only a few cards and new to credit but with at least 1 year good history and no baddies. That's who they are giving huge limits to seems like according to threads. I would say if you need another card go ahead. If it were me I would wait, especially if you have spend requirement for bce or trying to get that big cli. JMHO

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.