Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply? I'm nervous.

tag
Objectivist
Valued Member

Should I apply? I'm nervous.

I want to apply for the citi forward student card...My scores are all about 710-720. Should I do it? I have 3-5 inq's on each account. Anyone know if it's instant approval? Do you think I'll be approved? I'm a college student with a 3 year long history.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply? I'm nervous.

Do you have a job??

Message 2 of 18
Objectivist
Valued Member

yeah $20,000

Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Objectivist wrote:

I want to apply for the citi forward student card...My scores are all about 710-720. Should I do it? I have 3-5 inq's on each account. Anyone know if it's instant approval? Do you think I'll be approved? I'm a college student with a 3 year long history.

3 years and you are 21 or 3 years history and you are how old.

If you have 700+ score and have other credit cards over $2k limit and income over $20k I would skip the student card and just apply for regular... lots of past topics show an irritation of either being able to or not able to move from student up and beyond.... plus the usually lower locked in CL's (may be wrong, or some have experience, while others not)

But once you have income and good score and credit history you really get no benefits AT ALL to go student vs. regular... in past student cards were designed to allow LOW income, and BUILD NEW credit...

Message 4 of 18
tylaw13
Regular Contributor

@Objectivist wrote:

yeah $20,000

I say go for it! App right now and screen shot the approval and then post here. I cant app for awhile but i can live through people on this board hahaha. In all seriousness you have good scores if they are FICO's and student cards are easier to get when you have a short history (and your a student) and the income helps too. So if you want it then app and let us know how it goes.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 5 of 18
Objectivist
Valued Member

Calling back door....Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 18
Objectivist
Valued Member

HOLY SH!T.... RECON APPROVED!!!  $3000 LIMIT!!!!!!!!

My other limit is $200! Ha!

Hey whoever egged me on to apply, thank you.

Message 7 of 18
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Congrat you are officially invited to join the PRIME GANG! Take care of it and it will take care of you.

Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Objectivist wrote:

HOLY SH!T.... APPROVED!!!  $3000 LIMIT!!!!!!!!

My other limit is $200! Ha!

Hey whoever egged me on to apply, thank you.

YES!!! so this was student version or regular?

if student, up front are there any differences? maybe someone with recent experience can put all my thoughts to the "WRONG" category and update highest limits for a student card, transition later when not a student, etc.

I don't mind being wrong when it means more credit!! haha

and SUPER CONGRATS!!

I'm still not back to Citi good graces but they are my go to when helping friends... got one friend to appy and instant $6k (highest before was Cap1 $500 for 8 years!) other friend $4600 not highest but able to do BT for 21 months and then CLI to $8600 after 6 months!... oh and firdst to $9400 i think or something at 6 months, maybe less but very easy online and instant... ASK FOR WAY MORE.. it counters right away!

Message 9 of 18
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Maybe one more card then garden for you......let them all aged at once......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.