Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for AMEX at all

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should I apply for AMEX at all

@Crashem wrote:
Haahaa +1 to Marine. He said what I said but in much more detail and faster typing. I blame the crappy iPad keyboard

I must confess most of that was a saved macro. Macros are my friends.  Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, here is what happened:

I read comments, I checked other  similar posts too and finally decided to pull the trigger to Gold. Better rewards, have one overseas.... 

After that they offered Premier Rewards Gold Card besides the Gold telling I was approved for that card too, though it wasn't listed on the Special Offer page.

I was thinking couple seconds and decided to go for the triple rewards and pressed Premier Rewards Gold Card button.

60 secs waiting, and email hit the inbox saying Welcome to Amex Family.

That was unexpectedly fast and easy.Smiley Happy

I am so happy, thank you all! 

Message 22 of 31
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval !!

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:

Congrats on the approval !!

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 31
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the instant approval!

Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delayedinsanity wrote:

Congratulations on the instant approval!

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Grata. Now apply for the revolver. Recommend bce or trueearnings if you are member of costco. Bcp if you spend enough in groceries.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:
Grata. Now apply for the revolver. Recommend bce or trueearnings if you are member of costco. Bcp if you spend enough in groceries.

Thanks for suggestions and FICO/FACO explanation.  

I am not member yet. 

@Crashem wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

To help those who may be into the same shoes I will make the post easier to read:

5:53 AM

I applied couple times for AMEX but I was denied due to lack of credit history. Last time I applied was about three years ago.

I've been thinking of doing it again. I am more prepared these days for it then the last time I apped, though much nicer data then mine have been denied, so nothing is for sure. I'm reluctant to shoot this time, there is good looking list of 5 hard enquires on my report already, don't want to collect more with no results.

Currently I have 4 CCs  $3200 tottal limit, one Installment loan $3000, EXP 702 EQ 685 TU 750. Delinquency - no, except  30 days late payment 3 years ago, I pay bills every Friday, keep credit utilization in range of 3%-6% 

What would be my chance to get the one today?  Oh yes, overseas I have Gold Amex, but unfortunately it is not transferable account, I called Global Assistance couple months ago.

Thanks.

DVH1980, honky, pizzadude, and ctb89, all are saying go ahead. Thank you guys!

08:48 AM

Hey guys, I need to thank you all for your comments.  

AMEX is checking on my score every month or so  since last August. I checked if I was pre-approved for any  of their cards and found I was pre-selected for three cards: Gold, marked as a Featured card,  Zinc and Green.

Gold and Zinc are "existing mail offer", while Green is "new offer".

Does anyone have similar experience?  I wish if I can go for all of the three cards and see which one will be OK. Thanks

delayedinsanity says yes,  go ahead. Thank you!

Ok, here is what happened: 

I read comments, I checked other  similar posts  too (American Express pre-selected by creditnoob) and finally decided to pull the trigger to Gold. Better rewards, have one overseas.... 

After that they offered Premier Rewards Gold Card besides the Gold telling I was approved for that card too, though it wasn't listed on the Special Offer page.

I was thinking couple seconds and decided to go for the triple rewards and pressed Premier Rewards Gold Card button.

60 secs waiting, and email hit the inbox saying Welcome to Amex Family.

That was unexpectedly fast and easy.:smileyhappy:

I am so happy, thank you all! 

The end. Cheers!

Message 29 of 31
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Are you going to apply for revolver?  Little downside if you apply for it today although you will take double AAoA hit from two cards if approved

AMEX revolvers without AF:

Hiltons, Blue, Blue Cash Everyday, Blue Sky, and Clear.  There are others with waived first year AFs.  Obviously others that might be worth if you spend enough.  Call for recon if denied and think of good reason you wanted revolver too.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.