tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Should I apply for Amazon too??

Last week got:

Apple $1300

PayPal MC $2k

Walmart $800

In this order... Does Amazon pull TU also? (California)

I shop almost exclusively at Ebay and Amazon... but at same time don't usually buy large things, usually smallish to get free shipping so not sure it's a worthwhile account currently with no rewards other than 0% stuff... but wondering if better to establish now so I hopefully have a nice CL if I do come to want something big.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Amazon too??

I got an Amazon store card (GEMB) last August for $2400 limit.  I shop a lot on Amazon and I like the 0% deals they give with min purchase.  I've never had a problem with either Amazon or GEMB.  If approved, the store card is ready to go immediately and set as the default card on your account.  They make it TOO easy to spend money..lol!!I l

I live in CA and they pulled TU for me.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 2 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I think GEMB pulls exclusively TU.

Since you just got the Barclay's Apple, I'd hold off on any new CCs for 6 months. There have been so many stories here of people getting AA from them when they have too much new credit after getting Barclay's. Of course, it doesn't happen to everyone, but still, I wouldn't want to risk it if it were me.

I've gotten almost the exact same thing in the last few weeks:

Apple $2200

NFCU $2000

Walmart $300

As much as I have the itch to app again, I'm stopping for 6 months and am going to work on CLIs. Then hoping for USAA and Amex in the summer. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 9
MrCredit
Established Contributor

Depends where you are, GEMB pulls EQ and I am in PA.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Indiana and GEMB (GE Capital) pulls Equifax for me. 

Message 5 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'd hold off for six months.  Open to many accounts and your going to get AA from Barclay's. 

Message 6 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I'd hold off for six months.  Open to many accounts and your going to get AA from Barclay's. 

+1 on barclays

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't Citi Forward better than the Amazon card?

Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Isn't Citi Forward better than the Amazon card?

Yes I would say Citi Forward is 100x better then an Amazon!

Amazon is a store card by GE and Visa by Chase... I don't like Chase and I would not be approved.

Citi is a MasterCard!

Nothing to do with each other

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.