Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Venture?

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Venture?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am interested in applying for a Venture or QS (not 1). I did the pre-qual and it says I and pre-qualified for QS1 and Platinum. I had 2 QS1 (previously Platnium and PC to QS1) cards which I combined about 2 months ago for $2570 total. I am interested in getting bigger SL. 

Scores 

Barclaycard - 702

DCU - 666 (I know) 

Cap1 - 643

Walmart - 681 

1 baddie - a 30 day late from Matrix (for the monthly (annual) fee when I stopped using the card. It is now closed! 

What are the odds I would get approved for either one? 

PS... need to update signature! 

I would def do it, if you are ok with 3 pull. As a matter of fact, I would actually app for QS Visa and Venture or Venture1.

App back to back( like I have ) for either of those 2....I would guess you will be approved for at least 1.(I was approved for both) with pnly 1 pull each.

good luck!

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 28
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
honestly, i 100% wouldn't if i were you.

Frankly, I most def would 1000%.....You will thank me later!!

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 22 of 28
bk510
Valued Contributor

@ChazR wrote:

FWIW:  I apped for the Venture & Venture 1 within 60 days of each and was approved for both with a 661 EQ score at that time.  My SL were 15k and 20k.  I was pre-approved on the website though.  Something I am not sure of is if there is an income requirement for the Venture card family.  

I apped for V1 exactly 1 month after I double dipped on V&QS Visa....all approved instant, fico around 660.

Message 23 of 28
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would apply for the venture and if approved apply for the quick silver back to back...likely only one set of pulls will show

+1,

Message 24 of 28
bk510
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
i say just PC toQS to get out of two annual fees and then app for the venture in a few months when your scores increase.

+1

Exactly this... it's the best of both worlds.

Another plus is that you'll have some time to increase your scores a bit meaning you'll possibly get a better APR when you do app.

That being said, I think there are a couple of people around who did a 'cold app' for Venture and were approved even though there wasn't a pre-qual offer showing, but it's a toss-up

Since Capital One's offers are so solid (meaning if you pre-qual, you're generally approved) most folks trust the pre-qual tool to guide them as to which product to apply for.  You very well might be one of the lucky ones, but if not you'll waste a HP on each credit bureau, which many folks would find unsavory.

I believe OP has a good shot with "cold app" as well...

Message 25 of 28
bk510
Valued Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

Not exactly sure what the criteria to meet is before the venture or QS Visa pops up. I kind of wish I knew. 

Internal MAINLY...with Cap1

Message 26 of 28
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am interested in applying for a Venture or QS (not 1). I did the pre-qual and it says I and pre-qualified for QS1 and Platinum. I had 2 QS1 (previously Platnium and PC to QS1) cards which I combined about 2 months ago for $2570 total. I am interested in getting bigger SL. 

Scores 

Barclaycard - 702

DCU - 666 (I know) 

Cap1 - 643

Walmart - 681 

1 baddie - a 30 day late from Matrix (for the monthly (annual) fee when I stopped using the card. It is now closed! 

What are the odds I would get approved for either one? 

PS... need to update signature! 

Bad omen. Wait until that number changes. Smiley Sad

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 27 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'd wait for your scores to go up. The card isn't going anywhere.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.