cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for Walmart store card?

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I apply for Walmart store card?

Realistically, from a Fico perspective, if you already have THREE cards, student loans AND a new car loan, you don't need any more trade lines. Garden what you have pay down your uti% and continue to clean up, your going to be just fine. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone. I will wait until my UTI is decreased and my score is higher. I dont want to waste a HP

Message 12 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to apply for the card before my new car loan is reported and my score goes down. My TU score is 581 with 12 inq and 4 collections. I've been sending PFD letters since March and no one has responded yet. Another bad one is that I'm disputing 2 first premier accts.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

IMHO, you'll want to get your TU score over 600 in order to get the Walmart store card.  When my score was ~620, I was approved for the store card with a $300 CL.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I forgot to add that my Uti is 69%. I'm paying down 3 of my cards

Improving UTIL is one of the best things you can do for your score.   Once you get this down further, you will see strong improvement.   And keep sending your GW letters.   It usually takes multiple requests for success.   Good luck!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would like to apply for the card before my new car loan is reported and my score goes down. My TU score is 581 with 12 inq and 4 collections. I've been sending PFD letters since March and no one has responded yet. Another bad one is that I'm disputing 2 first premier accts.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks

Honestly if those are your scores and seeing how synchrony pulls Tu. Don't waste your time. Clean your report up first as you are only wasting a hp. Synchrony is easy but not that easy. I would say when you scores are lower 600 give it a shot. and still it would be tough. but only after you have cleaned up some of the negative items  Maybe trying calling instead of sending letters for PFD> they would respond more if you called each one up.

Message 15 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Walmart will never approve u with a 581 score. Try with a 620+ score. If want card for sure with decent limit around 680+

^^^^This but i did not want to say it. even forget the score. All those derogs really brings it home to wait.

Message 16 of 18
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I agree with others.

Pay down your utilization. You WILL see a score jump. It might suprise you how much it will jump. Throw every penny you can at them!

Work on the baddies. Never give up.

If you do this you might could get the mc version if you wanted. 

I just closed my wm mc, rewards not very good. IMO. 

Stick around these forums and the rebuilding section. I went from under 500 fico with 7 baddies to 757 and zero baddies. All thanks to the people on this forum. 

Hope that helps.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 17 of 18
jeffery581
Established Contributor

RE: Realistically, from a Fico perspective, if you already have THREE cards, student loans AND a new car loan, you don't need any more trade lines. Garden what you have pay down your uti% and continue to clean up, your going to be just fine. 

+1

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.