cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for a Walmart Card with 1 Baddie?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for a Walmart Card with 1 Baddie?

They will counter.
Message 21 of 40
DrDG
Established Member

A little nervous.....that's so high. Does that ever work? LOL I honestly dont know.

Rebuilding with goals of reaching 750.
Message 22 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DrDG wrote:

A little nervous.....that's so high. Does that ever work? LOL I honestly dont know.

Then go with a more comfortable figure that would work for you but most people suggest to go as high as possible so you don't sell yourself short.  Chances are if you don't qualify for anything that high then they'll counter with something more in line.

Message 23 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrDG wrote:

First get the approval, then worry about the increase. Can't get the increase 'till you get the card. Good luck! 

Message 24 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

First get the approval, then worry about the increase. Can't get the increase 'till you get the card. Good luck! 

OP could always phone it in and let them know his/her expectations for credit before approval Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

OP could always phone it in and let them know his/her expectations for credit before approval Smiley Happy

How does that work? 

Message 26 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

Phone CSRs do not have a method to input what CL "expectations" you would desire, no different than when applying via POS terminal at the register.

Message 27 of 40
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

How does that work? 

It doesn't, unless Nixon knows of the exact method this could be requested (i.e. bypassing the norm of U/W criteria when app is submited).

Message 28 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DrDG wrote:

Phone CSRs do not have a method to input what CL "expectations" you would desire, no different than when applying via POS terminal at the register.

The statement was meant to be more of a formality than anything. They can see if you qualify, what you qualify for, then transfer you to the right people if you are unsatisfied with what is offered.

Message 29 of 40
DrDG
Established Member

That was my next question. If I apply online, is there a way to request a certain amount? I always thought that you just apply and if approved, they give you an initial amount that cannot be recon'd. Again, I'm new to all of this so pardon my ignorance.

Rebuilding with goals of reaching 750.
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.