cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card now or later?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply for an AMEX Blue Cash Everyday Card now or later?

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you been making any student loan payments?

I am also a college student, and I applied for BCE and got it approved with 2K limit with 13.24% APR. My FAKO score for EQ is 634, and my AMEX reported my FICO as 692. I had no credit history, but I did make 10K last year from work alone.

I was wondering how I was approved, but my college advisor who's into Credit cards (she has 800+ across the board, according to her) told me that AMEX probably approved me because I was making consistent student loan payments. I was paying about $50-200/month for the past two years even though I could've deferred so perhaps that took into their consideration.

I see; thanks for bringing that up. I have some student loans (not much, around $5k) and have made two payments, but not in regular increments.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone, just thought I'd update this post with what happened.  I jumped the gun and just applied for the card, figuring that if anything, I could just apply again in 3 months or so.  Turns out, I was instantly approved with a $6000 limit! Thanks for all of your tips and suggestions.

Message 12 of 15
Chris679
Established Contributor

My man
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Approval
Message 14 of 15
olskoldiva
Valued Member

Congrats!

EX:777: TU:781: EQ: 783

Discover It:$12800, Citi DC:$12100, Chase Freedom: $7500, BOA:$25000, BB Visa:$4000, Walmart:$10000, Lowes:$10000, AMEX BCE:$14300, CHASE AARP:$6000, Ebates:$15000, Citi TY Preferred:$8300
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.