Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply for another card?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I apply for another card?

I would suggest an AMEX charge card, either green or gold. Green has the lowest AF @$95 but It will be NPSL.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

Megan:

Here's what you do.

1.  Write a series of letters to the CRAs and collection agencies - has to be written a certain way, so you need to research it.

2.  Find a copy of the cancelled check and proof of payment.

3.  Find any and all documentation associated with the debt.

4.  Establish through CMRRR (Certifed Mail Return Receipt Requested) + send the identical letter first class mail - in a series of letters stipulating you've paid the debt and their refusal to remove from your CRAs even being provided proof and knowing your debt has been satisfied.

Give them 30 days with the above.  If it's still on your CRA, file lawsuits for defaming your reputation; and, file complaints with your attorney general and HIPAA.  All the documentation you have will be for a Judge to read.

Don't let them off the hook.

Message 12 of 14
megan1387

From what I've read, this only works if you paid the OC, but I paid the CA

Message 13 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

@megan1387 wrote:

From what I've read, this only works if you paid the OC, but I paid the CA

Different approach, but if it were me, I will pursue it.

They're breaking a Federal law.  The fact remains that a medical paid debt reporting on your CRA is in violation of HIPAA, whether you paid the CA or OC nothwithstanding. I would see them in court.  You will win because they're not just breaking a State or local law, but Federal law.  

Do your homework and go after the CA and CRAs.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.