Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply or skip?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply or skip?

First Premier Bank sent me offer for following and I am about to throw it away, but still would like some opinions

400 cl with whopping 36 percent apr

95 setup fee

99 for first time annual fee, after that 45

8.25 monthly servicing fee

Anybody have experience with this card before I throw it in the trash.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply or skip?

Don't throw it away.  

Burn it first, then throw away the ashes.  If you feel like giving away money I will give you my address and you can send me a check.  Don't give it to them

Message 2 of 7
someone379
Regular Contributor

IMO there are better ways to build your credit... that cost a lot less...

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm all ears... so far here is what i have got 

bofa secured card

opensky secured card

applied cap1 secure - denied

applied fnbo secured - still pending 

Currently 4 charge offs which i have all pfd them

3 accounts are good

car loan 5k left

student loan 13k still paying

Any other ideas of rebuilding I will appreciate it.

Message 4 of 7
Jpmack29
Regular Contributor

My honest opinion, I would say to skip...

Current (8/2015): Equifax 688, Transunion 689, Experian 708
Goal Scores: 700 across the board

Capital One Venture: $5500| Discover it: $4500| American Express Green Card: NPSL| Capital One- QuickSilver: $3000| American Express Everyday Card: $2000| Bank of America- Americard Cash Rewards: $1500 | Barclays Cash Rewards: $1300| Chase Freedom:$1200| Barclays Apple Rewards: $2000
Message 5 of 7
someone379
Regular Contributor

How long have you had those?  Keep your reported balances low (5-20%)...  I just dont think the card you are asking about is going ton help you much at this point,  especially if you already have other open lines that are reporting. Definately won't help enough to justify the cost, they will even charge you another fee for onkine account access!  Just walk away from that "offer" and let what you have do a little work.

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip. The BofA card will convert eventually, and you'll be able to get cards that aren't so terrible. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.