Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I apply?

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Should I apply?

Hey everyone, I just had a quick question..  I currently have 3 credit cards Discover: 1k (oldest), Barclaycard: 1.5k and Wells Fargo 1.6k.. I was wondering which card I could go for because I treid to do a limit increase on my discover but they keep saying I have a fraud alert on my credit report which I have removed so thats a dead end. I just was wondering if I should take a shot at a Cap One card because Chase denied me for too many accounts open (didnt know they counted AU's) and Amex also said I needed more age. Just want one more card, also just started a $13k auto loan with local credit union but it has yet to report.

EQ: according to CK: 639 but when I applied to Wells Fargo was a 718. TU: according to CK: 665 and EX: 707,  AAoA: 1 year , About 10 inqs on each bureau.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I apply?

The question above thus should I apply? No, don't apply.  Why do you want one more card?  All evidence points to the fact that you should give it some time based on denials. If I were in your shoes, I'd wait for 6 months before applying for another card.  Time and patience are your best friends when it comes to credit.

Also, what are you looking for this card to do for you?  If I can't dissuade you from applying then be very specific about what you are looking for in a card for best responses.

Message 2 of 8
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The question above thus should I apply? No, don't apply.  Why do you want one more card?  All evidence points to the fact that you should give it some time based on denials. If I were in your shoes, I'd wait for 6 months before applying for another card.  Time and patience are your best friends when it comes to credit.

Also, what are you looking for this card to do for you?  If I can't dissuade you from applying then be very specific about what you are looking for in a card for best responses.

I am possibly about to have to put about $800 on my credit card and discovers 0% interest is over and barclay is 23.99% interest and wells fargo is almost up as well so I would rather not pay interest if possible.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am possibly about to have to put about $800 on my credit card and discovers 0% interest is over and barclay is 23.99% interest and wells fargo is almost up as well so I would rather not pay interest if possible.

Ok. So you are looking for a 0% card? Before any suggestions, how much do you owe on these cards listed above? Are they high?  The reason I ask is, that will be factored in the decision process of whether you get approved for a new card..

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

Hey everyone, I just had a quick question..  I currently have 3 credit cards Discover: 1k (oldest), Barclaycard: 1.5k and Wells Fargo 1.6k.. I was wondering which card I could go for because I treid to do a limit increase on my discover but they keep saying I have a fraud alert on my credit report which I have removed so thats a dead end. I just was wondering if I should take a shot at a Cap One card because Chase denied me for too many accounts open (didnt know they counted AU's) and Amex also said I needed more age. Just want one more card, also just started a $13k auto loan with local credit union but it has yet to report.

EQ: according to CK: 639 but when I applied to Wells Fargo was a 718. TU: according to CK: 665 and EX: 707,  AAoA: 1 year , About 10 inqs on each bureau.

I don't think you should apply for anything just yet. But if you're bound and determined to apply for something my suggestion would be Capital One Quicksilver or Quicksilver One.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 8
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

i owe 0 on all expect wells fargo and i owe about $50 on that but my UTI is 28% because i am an AU on chase card

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

i owe 0 on all expect wells fargo and i owe about $50 on that but my UTI is 28% because i am an AU on chase card

WRT your above response, then CAP 1 will be the way to go.  Bear in mind, you will incur hps on all 3 bureaus.  Not guaranteed but if it is an absolute must for you to have a card then CAP 1 it is..

Keep us posted on whatever you decide and results..

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Harvey26 wrote:

I was wondering which card I could go for because I treid to do a limit increase on my discover but they keep saying I have a fraud alert on my credit report which I have removed so thats a dead end. I just was wondering if I should take a shot at a Cap One card because Chase denied me for too many accounts open (didnt know they counted AU's) and Amex also said I needed more age. Just want one more card.

Why?  Why are you expecting an approval with the various denials above?  Keep in mind that an approval is a low bar to clear.  You don't want just the approval but a favorable limit and APR.  Additionally you want a 0% offer and you'll have to qualify for that.  Your credit profile will determine these things.  Don't rely soley on the card.

@Harvey26 wrote:

EQ: according to CK: 639

@Harvey26 wrote:

TU: according to CK: 665

CK's scores are not relevant unless you have a creditor or are applying with a creditor that actually uses a TU or EQ VantageScore 3.0.  Don't assume that all scoring models are the same.  Always consider scoring model & CRA and the relevance of the combo to a given creditor.  This applies to FICO's as well.  For example, a creditor that uses an EQ FICO 8 will only use that CRA and scoring model.  Others are not relevant to that creditor.

@Harvey26 wrote:

AAoA: 1 year , About 10 inqs on each bureau.

@Harvey26 wrote:

my UTI is 28% because i am an AU on chase card

Sounds marginal at best to me with these stats. I don't recommend applying for anything at this point.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.