cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I appy credit card to 1) Decrease usage limit 2) To have more credit references ?

tag
DTS
Established Member

Re: Should I appy credit card to 1) Decrease usage limit 2) To have more credit references ?

Thanks marinevietvet , laz98 , woozy ,haulingthescoreup ,Wolf3 ,djse7en

for responding my concerns.

I  APPLIED TECHNIQUES OF pif BEFORE STATEMENT DAY AND WAS ABLE TO INCREASE MY SCORE FROM 745 TO 796 IN 3 MONTHS.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR HELP.

Message 11 of 15
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Should I appy credit card to 1) Decrease usage limit 2) To have more credit references ?

What I do is 5 days before my statement date, I pay in full.  Then I charge about $30 for gas or phone bill so my utilization is less than 5%.  This way they don't report a $0 balance.  I try to have them report between 1-5% utilization.  I heard this was good for you.

Message 12 of 15
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

Okay I'm confused about this.  I paid my Target in full on my due date, which is five days before my statement cut and I still got charged $2.33 interest so I don't have a zero balance.  When should I have paid this not to have any interest charged?  Thanks.

Message 13 of 15
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Pay in full at least 5 days before your due date.  Or pay off the interest right now.

Message 14 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DTS wrote:

I  APPLIED TECHNIQUES OF pif BEFORE STATEMENT DAY AND WAS ABLE TO INCREASE MY SCORE FROM 745 TO 796 IN 3 MONTHS.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR HELP.

Great job!

Controlling the reported balances is still one of the greatest ways to get a good score jump.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.