Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be worried? (BofA Glitch)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I be worried?

@elim wrote:

Be sure they are giving you the 3% on gas swipes.

Just logged in and now I see the pending rewards including $0.28 for the gas. Thanks!

Message 11 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, just stay on top of it. If you PIF every month, then you won't have to worry about interest charges, but if not, be careful that they don't try to make you pay the higher interest rate... It doesn't make any sense that their showing those charges as cash advance... Have you called them?

I wouldn't matter if s/he PIF because cash advances accrue interest from the moment they are taken out. I would urge the OP to stay on top of this and to keep track of every CSR they spoke with who said that the purchases showed up on their end as purchases. Don't want this to come back and bite them in the butt. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, just stay on top of it. If you PIF every month, then you won't have to worry about interest charges, but if not, be careful that they don't try to make you pay the higher interest rate... It doesn't make any sense that their showing those charges as cash advance... Have you called them?

I wouldn't matter if s/he PIF because cash advances accrue interest from the moment they are taken out. I would urge the OP to stay on top of this and to keep track of every CSR they spoke with who said that the purchases showed up on their end as purchases. Don't want this to come back and bite them in the butt. 

I've been keeping track of when I've called, yes. Debating whether to call again about the second one or not. Is there a chance that BOA has a glitch for all new accounts?

Message 13 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LadyJEsq wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been keeping track of when I've called, yes. Debating whether to call again about the second one or not. Is there a chance that BOA has a glitch for all new accounts?

I would definitely call concerning the second purchase. And by keep track, I mean getting their name, location and CSR number as well. I would also suggest keeping receipts on the off chance you need to prove that these were purchases and not cash advances. It shouldn't come to all that, but clearly it's a glitch with at least your account, so I say be prepared for anything. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke with a CSR in WV just now and they said it's a mere bug in online banking. He said they're both definitely normal retail transactions and that there are no issues on their end. I still want to see it correctly on my side, but having two CSR's confirm that there is no issue helps out. On a side note, their phone system isn't as nice as Discover, but their CSR's are just as good... this one wished me a "wonderful week with friends and family" lol

Message 15 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

That's good, but I still say, stay on top of it. I don't kow how many times I was assured by a CSR about an issue (mind you not a CCC) only to have pretty much everything they told me to be nothing but lies (or maybe they didn't know either). So, always cover your butt I say. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Should I be worried? (BofA Glitch)

Just to wrap this up for anybody who stumbles across the thread down the road. Up until the last day before my first statement cut, everything showed as a CA. My first statement came and shows everything as a regular purchase. Now, activity for either that cycle or the current shows everything as a regular purchase. Not sure what's going on, but it did all work out correctly.

Message 17 of 18
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Should I be worried? (BofA Glitch)

Glad it worked out for you!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.