Did you mean: 

Should I be worried? (BofA Glitch)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I be worried? (BofA Glitch)

Take a look at my BOA account:

Untitled.jpg

Should I be worried? Why does it say cash advances? Is this normal for BOA, or did they code something crazy?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Should I be worried?

I would not be worried.

It says 'ATM Cash Advances or Bank Transaction'. Looks to be at a gas pump.

Message 2 of 18
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Biggest question did you use it there? If so, you should be okSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Untitled.jpg

Should I be worried? Why does it say cash advances? Is this normal for BOA, or did they code something crazy?

I don't have BoA, but I have ***never*** seen on any card that descriptor, especially having used the card at the pump or inside at the register. If it is a posted charge, call them to clarify.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them today and the CSR said everything showed up on their end as a purchase. He said they have a tool to see my online view and that he saw the same thing. He took a note of it and assured me there was nothing to worry abount. Since my CA CL available is untouched, it seems like a weird bug and nothing more. Thanks all!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Untitled.jpg

I just looked at my online account because I just got fuel from Sunoco recently. Mine says "Purchases" on the transaction type. So it's different than yours. However, if the CSR says on their end it says purchases, maybe youre fine....possibly every gas station has diferent transaction types? 

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my second-ever transaction showed up with the same transaction type. It was a different store altogether. Has anybody else ever seen this, or am I the lucky one out?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, just stay on top of it. If you PIF every month, then you won't have to worry about interest charges, but if not, be careful that they don't try to make you pay the higher interest rate... It doesn't make any sense that their showing those charges as cash advance... Have you called them?
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, just stay on top of it. If you PIF every month, then you won't have to worry about interest charges, but if not, be careful that they don't try to make you pay the higher interest rate... It doesn't make any sense that their showing those charges as cash advance... Have you called them?

I called them in regards to the first one and they said it shows up as a purchase. I always PIF, but a CA would still have interest from day 1, and probably other fees too. I'm concerned that if it doesn't count as a purchase somewhere, I won't earn rewards or -- still more importantly -- the sign-up bonus.

Message 9 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

Be sure they are giving you the 3% on gas swipes.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.