Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I believe cap1 live chat?

tag
Little_Lulu
Contributor

Re: Should I believe cap1 live chat?

I have a few lates on my student loan... otherwise no collection accounts. It's through sallie mae... heard they are hard to goodwill but I'm going to try.

Does anyone think being an authorized user on 2 new cap 1 cards will make an impact on my thin credit file in 6 mos. time? My grandma has 3 new credit accounts that she could add me on.

As a family, we don't know much about credit. I'm taking in as much info as I can and trying to help everyone in my family. I could essentially be added onto 5 new accounts as an authorized user. Good move or bad? Considerining my AAOF is only like 1 1/2 years, I think.

Message 11 of 13
hayhayhayday
Established Member

if you have $200, I would apply for capital one secured. You maybe offered a card with $200,$99,$49 or $0 deposit for $200 limit

Message 12 of 13
TRC2k13
Regular Contributor

@Little_Lulu wrote:

Important info bolded. Smiley Happy

I was accepted for the Journey card a few weeks ago. I want to apply for the Capital 1 Platinum card now. I have a 23% interest rate on my new car loan opened last month. I want to refinance within a year. I was told it was a 16% interest rate by the car dealership but I was lied to (that's a long story... I was obviously ripped off because I'm young and inexperienced... They also added on $1500 for an optional extended warranty. The guy told me to sign it... he did it really quickly and I trusted him.. Stupid of me to sign something without reading.. but I thought he was making me sign what we were talking about. Anyway, I got that taken care of today.

@juggalo9er wrote:

you may be able to cancel the added policy for the 1500 if within 30 days...read quickly and call to cancel it

Absolutely...  Generally speaking those extended warranties are a ripoff.  I only know because I myself fell for the exact same thing... a $3000 policy the first time I ever bought a car.  I was too busy listening to the salesman spew his nonsense and not paying attention to what I was signing.

It took me over 3 months to get mine cancelled and refunded... I called first and then had to go to the dealership and raise cain because they literally didn't do anything for 2 months... the financing guy made the whole process a nightmare.  I had to go over his head to the sales manager and general manager to get it done.

It worked though... they sent the check to my lienholder and I learned a valuable lesson in car buying... pay attention to what you are signing and don't buy any extended warranties.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.