cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I call B of A to reconsider or just hope for the 99/500 offer?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I call B of A to reconsider or just hope for the 99/500 offer?

OK, I got rejected for the B of A platinum and just received the letter that states: "We are unable to approve your request because you have current or past delinquency with one or more of your creditors and you have sufficient utilization of your credit. Our review included an assessment of your application information, regional economic trends, and a credit report......If you have an information that may enable us to reconsider this decision, please write to B of A at XXXXXXXX." Anyways, should I call them for the reconsideration or just wait and hope for the 99/500 offer?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Re: Should I call B of A to reconsider or just hope for the 99/500 offer?

You have nothing to lose, the worst they can say is no. I wouldn't get my hopes up due to the delinquency but perhaps if you have a valid explanation they may listen to you. Otherwise, go for their secured card. It is among the best, in my opinion. Good Luck.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 2 of 8
first48
Frequent Contributor

I applied for the BOA card for my BF and he was denied.  I spoke with customer service via IM and asked her about the 99/500.  She asked where I did I get the information about that and I told her I knew someone who had it.  She told me you can only receive that invitation and you could not ask for it.  Although my boyfriend was sent an email from BOA but we were not able to get the information on it because it kept saying we were putting in incorrect information.  I don't know if an mail was sent to his address because he hasn't checked the mail recently.  I wish you luck if you do get it though.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 3 of 8
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
OK, I got rejected for the B of A platinum and just received the letter that states: "We are unable to approve your request because you have current or past delinquency with one or more of your creditors and you have sufficient utilization of your credit. Our review included an assessment of your application information, regional economic trends, and a credit report......If you have an information that may enable us to reconsider this decision, please write to B of A at XXXXXXXX." Anyways, should I call them for the reconsideration or just wait and hope for the 99/500 offer?

I could be wrong, but I thought...going by others' experiences...the 99/500 offer usually came with the letter as a "counter offer" of sorts? If so, you probably won't get the offer unless you do a reconsideration as spelled out in the letter....which I would do if I were you.

As stated prior, you don't have anything to lose, so go for it. Make your case and maybe you'll at least get a counter offer of some sort. Good luck!
Message 4 of 8
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

kahuna wrote:

I may have you confused for someone else, but didn't you post a while back that you had a "settled for less" chargeoff with BOA that you just paid in July? That would be why you were denied. If I have the wrong poster my apologies.
Message 5 of 8
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In my experience with BoA:

You apply for a credit card from BoA. If you do not meet the requirements for the product that you applied for, BoA will make a counter offer to you as part of your denial letter.

That is what happened to me when I got my BoA secured card. I personally have not heard of anyone requesting a counter offer for a 99/500 card but as usual:

YMMV

GL
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clueless Member stumbles into post, looking confused.

What's a 99/500? All I got after my bank declined me was their 0/0 offer (zero card / zero CL).

Message 7 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA has a $99 deposit = $500 cl card.
this is countered in the denial letter or else they offer you to apply for secured.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.